You can type here any text you want

Opinions on BF Goodrich Drag Radials?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

henschman

I am looking for some DRs for my regal -- i will be running them on stock rims for now, and maybe moving up to some 8" wide ones later. I will probably be running 275/50s. Anyway, i need help deciding which brand of DR to get. I'm looking at Nittos, MTs, and BFGs. Right now I'm leaning toward the BFGs because I work at Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Express and can have them ordered through there, letting me use my employee discount, plus I can put the wal-mart tire protection program on them (free lifetime rotation, balancing, and flat repairs and a prorated warranty on the tires). I'd hate to spend all that money on tires just to have a nail go through the sidewall of one and make it non-repairable.

I just wanted opinions on this brand of DR... anyone have experience with them as compared to others?

I found the 275/50s rubbed on my T with stock rims. I got the BFG drag radial 235/60s for my regular driving and share a set of 275/60s BFG drag radials for the track. My friend found them on Craigslist with real low miles on them so it was a buy. I know other brands are supposed to be better ie MT but these were the right price and my 60's were better than the 235s so for now that's ok.

save your money and buy the mickey thompson's, my bfg's lasted less than 4000 km (they started to ball up and fell apart fast)and i bet my stock bfg radial ta's hooked just as well.nothing but good feedback from the mt's.

i second mt's i used to spin 1,2, and 3rd leaving 5 psi on street tires. now i can leave 10 psi on mt's and spin only 6 inches thats at 17 psi in tires. THEY HOOK

nittos will last about 7-10k miles of normal driving
BFG's will last 5-7k miles of normal driving
MT's will last 3-5k miles of normal driving.
of course, shorter life span, more grip. But if you have ALOT of power, say mid 10's or less, the MTs might last the longest if they are the only ones that dont spin. also nittos are a very good street tire, even in the rain. MT's in the rain arent very fun though. also get a set of 275/60s, they will fit alot better and are a bit taller, TR's seem to like a little more gear with the taller tire.
Gary

the main reason i'm leaning toward the BFGs is the wal-mart tire protection program. i would be able to get new free tires when i use them up/tear them up, which is really attractive when we're talkin about this high-dollar of a tire -- especially if they are only going to last 5-7k miles.

the total after my discounts and tax would be $272.10 for 2 tires.

i'd like more feedback on the 275/60 thing... is that definately the way to go, or does it depend more on my mods? would they tend to rub less than the 50s? Maybe the taller tire would let me hook on the street a little easier... that's the only surface this thing is likely to see. mods are those in my sig, plus i'm getting a 3k stall torque converter soon, probably some alky, and maybe a cam/ported heads.

I tried the BFG drag radials. I thought they really lacked traction. I tried all different pressures, with rotten results every time.

I sold them. From what I've seen at the track, the MTs hook much better. My next set will be MTs.

I loved my BFG DR 255/50/16's. I 60ft 1.60, 1.61's with them at 18-19psi. That was on a 4 lb launch.

The suspension is completely stock with 105k miles.

I don't know why some people can't launch with them.

IMHO.... BFG's suck.

MT DR .... rock...

let's be honest... you don't buy these tires to last 50k miles

IMHO.... BFG's suck.

MT DR .... rock...

let's be honest... you don't buy these tires to last 50k miles

very true, get the MTs they hook very good, lets be honest how long do you see yourself working at the tle, with the way that business runs you wont be able to prorate your tires, all your homies will be gone

very true, get the MTs they hook very good, lets be honest how long do you see yourself working at the tle, with the way that business runs you wont be able to prorate your tires, all your homies will be gone

Ok so it sounds like the MT are the way to go. But which MT if they are only going to be used at the track?

Mine has pretty worn 275/60 MT and they HOOK !!!! I lifted the left front wheel a couple of inches in my buddy's driveway.....boy, he and I were both impressed !!!! That was no burnout and a 3500 rpm launch. I just ordered another set from Summit today. I'll keep ya posted as to how the new ones hook.

I am looking for some DRs for my regal -- i will be running them on stock rims for now, and maybe moving up to some 8" wide ones later. I will probably be running 275/50s. Anyway, i need help deciding which brand of DR to get. I'm looking at Nittos, MTs, and BFGs. Right now I'm leaning toward the BFGs because I work at Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Express and can have them ordered through there, letting me use my employee discount, plus I can put the wal-mart tire protection program on them (free lifetime rotation, balancing, and flat repairs and a prorated warranty on the tires). I'd hate to spend all that money on tires just to have a nail go through the sidewall of one and make it non-repairable.

I just wanted opinions on this brand of DR... anyone have experience with them as compared to others?

If you have to use a drag radial.. then Mickey's are the best.. bias ply is the best to use for bite..

the main reason i'm leaning toward the BFGs is the wal-mart tire protection program. i would be able to get new free tires when i use them up/tear them up, which is really attractive when we're talkin about this high-dollar of a tire -- especially if they are only going to last 5-7k miles.

the total after my discounts and tax would be $272.10 for 2 tires.

i'd like more feedback on the 275/60 thing... is that definately the way to go, or does it depend more on my mods? would they tend to rub less than the 50s? Maybe the taller tire would let me hook on the street a little easier... that's the only surface this thing is likely to see. mods are those in my sig, plus i'm getting a 3k stall torque converter soon, probably some alky, and maybe a cam/ported heads.

The 275/60's are a taller tire then the 275/ 50's. If your rear springs have sagged do too old age you may want to go with the 275/50's the 60's may rub on your fender wells in a dip.

50's rubbed on my frame with stock T rims because of them bulging out. 60's on the same rims have good clearance with the frame and fender.

My 255/50/16 BFG's rub a little on the passenger side on the frame rail. Only on hard launches. 1.60 with no air bags or anything.

Back