You can type here any text you want

Opinions on the windshield "Pontiac" logo please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

My TTA has the door decals that the original owner put on. I am thinking of getting the windshiold Pontiac logo from www.phoenixgraphics.com
Whats the opinion of the looks of the windshield logo since I have the door decals on.
P.S. My door decals are aftermarket. I have the original kit that is complete and I dont want to use anything from it.

i prefer the winsheild decals compared to the door decals.

i'm not a fan of decals - but on these cars it's nice ot have a hint of what they are for the people that know cars ;)

I got both on mine and like it, you should ask if you like more of a stealth look or not.

Also reason my original windshield decal was removed by previous owner was that the police in Viriginia said it blocked the view or something similar and he had to remove it ... got a new one and have no issues in this country (UK) ;)

decals

Hi,
The original owner opted for a cut down version of the door decal on the rear bumper of my car. Actually, I kind of like it. The kit is long gone, but I might have liked the windshield decal. How 80s!

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
The original owner opted for a cut down version of the door decal on the rear bumper of my car. Actually, I kind of like it. The kit is long gone, but I might have liked the windshield decal. How 80s!

you can buy new ones...

I have decals on one car and none on my other car. I was HARDCORE none stickered car until I purchased my other TTA and I love the stickers. It gets attention that the other one does not.

Bo

Opinion: I hate windshield banners on any car. I always think of a teenager with CAVALIER, FORD MOTORSPORTS, MUSTANG, CAMARO, etc plastered across their windshield. Or the obnoxious Dodge Neon/Honda Civic/Grand Am/fill in the blank with FEAR THIS, APC Racing, BACK OFF, etc... Like we don't know what kind of car you're driving? Unless you're sponsored, there's no reason to have them.

That said, my TTA has the windshield banner. I won't remove it until I get around to buying another banner to put into my owner's kit. And it's not really a priority. Besides, the TTA came from the factory with the banner available to install in the owner's kit. It's not like TTA owners went out of their way to buy up all the PONTIAC banners and slapped them on their windshields.

My point? IMO, windshield banners are tacky, gaudy, teenager-y 99.9% of the time. They, and clear/euro/altezza tail lights on ANY car should be banished forever. It's hard to explain... TTAs are exempt due to the pace-car background and the banners being on the actual 89 Indy 500 pace car(s), but I'd still leave mine in the owner's kit if I had the option.

Again, this was all IMO. If you like the banner or anything else I mentioned not liking, life goes on and more power to ya.

cottonpicker14 said:
Whats the opinion of the looks of the windshield logo since I have the door decals on.
P.S. My door decals are aftermarket. I have the original kit that is complete and I dont want to use anything from it.

OK! Since you asked for an opinion I'll give you mine, especially since I am very rarely at a lack of them. I like the wind shield decal, I'm not sure why but, it just seems to have class to me. On the other hand, I hate the door decals. They look like the writing on one of those cars you see with 3 teenagers and an adult in the pass seat that says 'SEARS DRIVING SCHOOL'. I do have a set on my TTA and find myself really quite embarrassed when I drive it. People tend to gawk at the car and I just know they're staring at the decals thinking 'what's this grey haired old cuss tryin to prove?' I decided to put them on so that people could determine the difference between my car and just another 3rd gen F body. For some reason, people never look at the badging! I don't know how many times I've poped the hood at a car show with people standing around looking at the car and heard someone say 'Oh look! It's got a turbo!' 'YEA! That's right! Whatta yuh think? I paid some jerk water jewler big bucks to make these badges here that say TURBO Trans Am! just to impress thu ricers!

Indy Logo's in front glass

... can you actually still buy those LH & RH indy Speedway logos' as found L & R of the PONTIAC on front glass of the '89 TTA's.... Ive never really looked but guess that if a front glass does get broken.. without those decals we're stuffed it...
Anybody know 100% who'se got them available??

j13smiley said:
i prefer the winsheild decals compared to the door decals.

i'm not a fan of decals - but on these cars it's nice ot have a hint of what they are for the people that know cars ;)
I think this one is pretty cool :cool:

picture.JPG

ozpont said:
... can you actually still buy those LH & RH indy Speedway logos' as found L & R of the PONTIAC on front glass of the '89 TTA's.... Ive never really looked but guess that if a front glass does get broken.. without those decals we're stuffed it...
Anybody know 100% who'se got them available??

phoenix sells them... scroll down and read my posts in this thread....

http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145859

LOVE THE DECALS they make the car stand out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS JD

Back