Optima at Barber Motorsports Park

I ran this past weekend at Barber. Saturday went well enough, I placed mid-field in the autocross and did really well at D&E. Sunday was a frustrating and disappointing day, but I did finish the event. I'm getting videos sorted and telemetry overlaid now, but to whet your appetites, enjoy this little excursion:

Ok, here's my best autocross run. Look at the car pull 1.9g+ in the banked section!

And here's my best track lap from Sunday, which was oddly my first lap. Transmission overheated at the end of the session combined with melted MAP lines and a blown gasket at the turbo-to-header flange ended my day after this session.

To my knowledge and ability to search the interwebs, I now hold the Barber Track Record for a Buick Grand National. Not sure that's a thing, but I'm claiming it right now. 1:56.963

In track day etiquette, and this particular track event, a point by is required before a pass. The slower driver must point out the window which direction they want you to go by them. This ensures the car getting passed knows where the passing car is. The rules for this run group were: point by required, passing only on the front straight.

I could have passed them, but they were obviously not looking in their mirrors, and passing somebody that's not aware you're there on a track is a recipe for a crash.

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Thanks for the explanation.
Car looks and handles amazing.
Did you do any brace welding to the "wet noodle stock frame?

Brace welding is adding weight with no gain.

Proper body bushings fix the noodle issue. The frame was designed to work with the body and soft bushings compromise that. Get rid of the mushy rubber and the car is tight as a drum.