Optmia problem

Anthony K

"FAT TONY"
had my red top tested........bad..... about 1year old, no receipt and Ramchargers is out o da business ( where i got it from ) what can i do now? who sells them? that would warrenty it? i know it would be Pro-Rated

free replacement should be 2 or 3 yr.
autozone and advance auto are both Optima dealers and can help you with warranty problem.
Conrad

"SEARS" but good luck! I am a CSM in the auto center in my area. I too have an optime but hate it. It never holds a charge and my uncle has one with the same problem. Who tested it and how did they test it. A note right from optima is the only way to properly test the battery is to fully charge first then do the load test. Anyway good luck!

I have a Red Top Optima in my Vintage Racing 66 Shelby GT350 that I purchased and installed in the car in the fall of 1998. Never had any trouble and have never had to charge the battery or jump of the car. This is in a 12.5 compression race car used for road racing.

Old Optima's are good,ones within the last 2 years are $hit.I went thru 3 Red Tops and 2 Yellow Tops before I asked for my $ back.

Then ive got one I bought 3 years ago and its still going strong and ive drained it several times.

Now im AC Delco all the way :cool:

called Autozone, since i didnt buy it there they will give me $8 for it.... damn you Ramchargers!!!! :mad:

DCVING said:
"SEARS" but good luck! I am a CSM in the auto center in my area. I too have an optime but hate it. It never holds a charge and my uncle has one with the same problem. Who tested it and how did they test it. A note right from optima is the only way to properly test the battery is to fully charge first then do the load test. Anyway good luck!

local Advance Auto had it on some tester for over an hour, deep cycle load test or sum cr@p, either way its shot

DCVING said:

local Advance Auto had it on some tester for over an hour, deep cycle load test or sum cr@p, either way its shot

callled the 1888 Optima # and the nice lady on the phone is sending me another battery FOC :biggrin:

callled the 1888 Optima # and the nice lady on the phone is sending me another battery FOC
Can you still take the bad one to Autozone, and get your $8? Seems like they should be abused, somehow.

i will try calling a manager somewhere, and see if i can get it prorated then flip it to someone cheap

Yup get a yellow top mines going on 8 years now. :)

Red top is only gonna last 4 in the other car, one bad cell I believe. :frown:

Then again that's longer than any Sears Die Hard gold ever lasted in my car.

A better battery is anything not labeled Optima.

I went thru 5 in about a year,no one in there right mind could tell me they still make a good battery.Its just not true....

My A/C Delco battery lasted exactly 2.5 years when the car was new. :frown:

Maybe they improved them.... :p

I thought I was in my right mind I'll find out for sure when I buy another yellow top for the GN. ;)