Ordered my parts!!!!!

...what's a hollywood muffler?
Side pipes that were used on Vettes, early Chevs.

... I'm still tossing around ideas, and I haven't figured out a way to rig the driver side header to dump over to the pass side (what the crossover pipe did on the stock exhaust) in a decent way. If someone could enlighten me on that, I'd be grateful.
No can do with headers. Only a duel system.

...yeah I'd have to notch the crossmember, but that seems easier from here than trying to snake the pipes around the inspection cover and tranny pan.

With headers, notching the left of the crossmember is the only way out. Run straight Chevy type pipes out to the back. Or Hollywood mufflers...that's what we used to call them when I was a kid. :biggrin:

why didn't you just say sidepipes? lol
I'm only 20 (so I'm still a kid), but I spent all my teen years reading the summit catalog day dreaming about what could be built. They still make them.

And with what I'm hearing from you guys, looks like it's going to be the dual system :cool: now I'll just have to figure out if I want to put it over the axle and out the back or cheat and do the side exit.

As for the legality, I searched and searched and found nothing saying I can't do it, and the guy who lives down the street has a rat rod with more or less open headers, so I guess I can get by.

Thanks for the advice everyone, and I hope you see what you're gonna get yourself into VK!

EDIT: Can't wait to see those pics and vids

Here's what my old dual exhaust looked like....maybe it can help you get some ideas. :biggrin:

Attachments

• FlowMaster.jpg
    FlowMaster.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 94