Original Muffler and Y-Pipe

hauserc

Someone has got to start making reproduction stock exhaust systems for exact stock look (one muffler with duel outlets exiting side of car) and sound. There was a company making them but they said they don't anymore as they focus on cars from the 60s and 70s now.

when there is quality good flowing performance exhaust available for a specific car, stock restrictive exhaust is not going to sell all that well especially with a limited market like we have with the buicks.

the hooker exhaust is the closest to stock in fit, sound and looks (yet it flows allot better than the stock exhaust).

I thought hooker exhausts were dual muffler design. Is there a specfic model they make that will fit like the stock? I believe the stock exhaust has one muffler behind the rear axle with dual pipes exiting the side. My goal is to make my GN as original as possible. The prior owner cut the original y-pipe abou halfway back and put a dual muffler system in. Not a bad system. No drone. However, there are no markings on the mufflers so I have no idea what it is.

Midas used to sell a single stock looking muffler. Not sure if they still do.