You can type here any text you want

Orlando/Disney Rental car deals--any???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
Need to rent a car to fit 2 adults an 2 small boys /stroller and car seats...looking for some recommendations,looking for good deals as u know prices at disney will kill me...thanks

Oh we are staying Star Island Resort,not sure if i need travel between there and Disney world,is the orlando airport far from Star island.. thanks for any input.. Dennis

Need to rent a car to fit 2 adults an 2 small boys /stroller and car seats...looking for some recommendations,looking for good deals as u know prices at disney will kill me...thanks

Oh we are staying Star Island Resort,not sure if i need travel between there and Disney world,is the orlando airport far from Star island.. thanks for any input.. Dennis

You can take your car seats with you. We just went to Florida in December. We took them with us to the plane and dropped them right before we got into the plane. I think it was called a gate check? But it was free, that's all that mattered to me. The car rental company wanted more than what it would of cost to buy a brand new one for a 7 day rental. Contact your airline to be sure.

Probably the cheapest will be Advantage Auto Rental on SR 436, just down the road from the airport.

Car Rental In Orlando - Advantage Rent A Car Official Site - Orlando Car Rentals

I just rented a Hyundai Sonata for a week, drove all over the southeast including the mountains with 3 people, luggage and an unassembled 109 long block in the trunk. 2100 miles in 7 days. Can't say I loved the car, but it was damned practical.

The Hotel is 20 minutes from the airport, barring heavy traffic.

http://www.star-island.com/directions-star-island.html

Probably the cheapest will be Advantage Auto Rental on SR 436, just down the road from the airport.

Car Rental In Orlando - Advantage Rent A Car Official Site - Orlando Car Rentals

I just rented a Hyundai Sonata for a week, drove all over the southeast including the mountains with 3 people, luggage and an unassembled 109 long block in the trunk. 2100 miles in 7 days. Can't say I loved the car, but it was damned practical.

The Hotel is 20 minutes from the airport, barring heavy traffic.

Star Island Resort and Club

Thanks ,looks like that rental saves me $100.. :eek: :D

Thanks ,looks like that rental saves me $100.. :eek: :D

also.... make sure your personal car has full comp and collision though your own insurance company. It's way cheaper to add it to your car for the month than it is to buy their daily insurance rate....which is typically as much if not more than the daily rental rate. Check with your agent to make sure that your insurance would cover a rental.

good point Joe,now do you know where to get the Disney tickets as a package,maybe cheaper that route ,say for a few theme parks for multiple days ,,i did see that for Universal for like 120 for a weeks pass and was good for 2 parks...but not Disney....thanks again..:smile:

I need to rent a gn for the day,my TTA has been down for 3 yrs and my T is under-going a V8 turbo...:smile: :smile:

I need to rent a gn for the day,my TTA has been down for 3 yrs and my T is under-going a V8 turbo...:smile: :smile:

Sorry no GN here... just a regular turbo buhog:biggrin:

Old town has car shows on friday night and sat... friday is 1974 on up and sat is 73 and older. things to do for kids, rides etc

When are you planning to be here? The usual deals are time sensitive. For example, the current one requires it's use by May 15. :frown:

M Casteel,,thanks for info on OLD TOWN,,do you have more specific location,adderess,,thanks ...

Joe I will be there May 8 till 16th,please tell me about the deals..:smile:

Wow ,my 4 yr is gonna love old town,,me toooo.. typing that address into the GPS now ,thanks ,glad i wont miss it ... :smile: :smile:

Wow ,my 4 yr is gonna love old town,,me toooo.. typing that address into the GPS now ,thanks ,glad i wont miss it ... :smile: :smile:

the sat show is big..lots of nice rides...the friday one has dumb rides unless theres Buicks involved but when were grouped in with cars from 1974 on up...you can pretty much gather what were parked next to.

we'll have to meet up for beer and shoot the $hit

Update,,for days they were telling me $230 for the days i am there to rent a mid/full size car,we today they changed the pricing and now I would be over $300

thanks to Hotwire.com ---I got a Full size car for the 8days from Hertz for $208 with tax:biggrin: :biggrin:
thanks what im talkin about...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Update,,for days they were telling me $230 for the days i am there to rent a mid/full size car,we today they changed the pricing and now I would be over $300

thanks to Hotwire.com ---I got a Full size car for the 8days from Hertz for $208 with tax:biggrin: :biggrin:
thanks what im talkin about...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Thyat's the thing with car rentals and hotels. The rates change daily. My wife will book a reservation and relentlessly keeps checking back. Better than half the time, the prices drop and she re-books it.

Thyat's the thing with car rentals and hotels. The rates change daily. My wife will book a reservation and relentlessly keeps checking back. Better than half the time, the prices drop and she re-books it.
i kept checking back ,,with intentions of booking it ,today was the day to book,and I refreshed the screen and seen the price just increase then,,I was like no way ...hot wire got me a great rate.. thanks tho:smile:

I think our Central FL Buick Club will be meeting the first Sat your in town... should bring the wife and kids and meet the club or say hello to old friends

i actually just drove up this past weekend - FL residents get 2-park 2-day passes for only $100 so it was a nice trip ...food for thought: the Howard Johnson "Maingate East" hotel we stayed at was like $33 a night+tax. Its not the nicest, but got the job done and is like 5 mins from the parks.

i actually just drove up this past weekend - FL residents get 2-park 2-day passes for only $100 so it was a nice trip ...food for thought: the Howard Johnson "Maingate East" hotel we stayed at was like $33 a night+tax. Its not the nicest, but got the job done and is like 5 mins from the parks.

do they check ID's my wife is originally from florida,so we are visiting relatives ,meybe they can buy the tickes for us..:eek: :eek:

Would love to meet p with fellow TR owners,,not sure what r schedule is like,wife has a family reunion to attend also,guess i got to be there too:wink:

Back