You can type here any text you want

Our Big brother C6 ZO6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Pablo said:
I should start selling drugs :p

Or maybe get off my ass and go to school.. but thats boring.

Mostly I want to afford this thing

I'm with you. I don't necessarily want an E55, but being in a position to blow $110K on a car would be nice.

Jim

The Blob said:
LMAO... think again.

There is a $65k Escalade sitting in my driveway that says GM service/vehicles SUCK.

We were going to trade it in on a 06 model and wanted the problems fixed,service manager at the dealer says "let the next person worry about it"Ive spent countless hours on the phone with GM and the BBB with no resolve and GM wont even have a rep come look at my vehicle.**** em,ill spend my new car $$$ elsewhere.

And ill do it in more style than any zo6 :p

broke1 said:
There is a $65k Escalade sitting in my driveway that says GM service/vehicles SUCK.

I don't blame you for not buying another Escalade. But don't expect much more from Mercedes... unless they have made dramatic improvements recently.

And ill do it in more style than any zo6 :p

I'm a big fan of the new Z06. Supercar performance for half the price of it's competitors. This is a car that, unless you are purely into image, makes buying an F430 pointless. And GM did enough torture testing that it should be pretty much bulletproof... but that remains to be seen.

Your E55 is a really fast car that looks like an ordinary Mercedes... which is pretty cool.

The Z06 looks like a race car... and has the performance to back it up... which is also pretty cool.

Depends on your taste.

FWIW, I'd guess you might be the only one on the planet cross-shopping the Z06 and E55. :)

Looks like an ordinary Mercedes :rolleyes:

Yea,and our GN's look like Monte's.Gimme a break....

Heres a video for ya http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124658

**** a ZO6!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh,and ill tell ya why you'd buy a MB or any other high $$$ car,because you have the $$$ and you can is why.There is ALOT more refinement that goes into a $85k car vs a $60k,and thats not including american vs german made..

Also try to find a zo6 that isnt marked up thru the roof.Its not a $60k car...

Comparing a 4dr MB to a C6 Z06 is like comparing *******s to oranges! Sure a MB can go fast on a roll on the autobahn, but take them to the strip or a road coarse and you will see the real winner! I think once you buy a MB your head must inflate twice as big. At least all the guys at the country club will give you props, I just think you blew a crap load of $$ on a grocery getter.

The E55 is a nice car. The z06 is in a diffferent league all together. The e55 has a few differences in its appearence then the base e series but you have to look for them and know the differences. You have to look for the emblems to know if its a amg. At the track the e55 would get creamed by the z06 but again like was said apples to oranges. Dont forget in a year your 110k car is now worth 65k on the used market and the z06 will be close to original price. If your looking for conspicuous consumption the z06 will get more attention because the public is more aware of what it is. The z06 is the top dog in the gm line the e55 is a few cars down the ladder in their line. I have owned mercedes for 10 years and if I was going to buy one or the other I would select the z06. I have drove an e55 but not the new z06.Its all about personal tastes

broke1 said:
Looks like an ordinary Mercedes :rolleyes:

Yea,and our GN's look like Monte's.Gimme a break....

Heres a video for ya http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124658

**** a ZO6!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh,and ill tell ya why you'd buy a MB or any other high $$$ car,because you have the $$$ and you can is why.There is ALOT more refinement that goes into a $85k car vs a $60k,and thats not including american vs german made..

Also try to find a zo6 that isnt marked up thru the roof.Its not a $60k car...

C6 in the VID is not a ZO6. Even if it was, the CL65 is $180K. Apples to Tanks

1BADDAM said:
C6 in the VID is not a ZO6. Even if it was, the CL65 is $180K. Apples to Tanks

it was a Z06, i saw some high res pics of the race. But from what i read the Z actually jumped out and was not passed into well above 120 or so. That Mercedes has a ecu tune and puts out well over 550 to the rear and a ton of torque

JP87GN said:
Comparing a 4dr MB to a C6 Z06 is like comparing *******s to oranges! Sure a MB can go fast on a roll on the autobahn, but take them to the strip or a road coarse and you will see the real winner! I think once you buy a MB your head must inflate twice as big. At least all the guys at the country club will give you props, I just think you blew a crap load of $$ on a grocery getter.

Grocery getter??? Let's see you try and live with a Corvette day to day and see who the real winner is! I'd rather be able to drive something with some real world capabilities and some serious performance. I think that's why the Magnum SRT8's appeal to me. Give me something I can use, not some stroke my ego 2 seater that was never intended to be a daily driver - it's a toy. Besides, it's much more fun to blow the doors off something when your doing it in a 4-door or Magnum, etc. Nothing better then lighting up a Mustang as fly by them in my Magnum R/T with a trunk full of mulch :smile:

Corvettes and MB's. Hey, I'll take either one, but let's face it as far as the arguement of reliability is concerned, I would not give either one the highest marks. GM is well...GM and that is not a compliment, and most Euro cars are notoriously finicky.

broke1 said:
No worse than GM's reliability record IME.

If it mess's up,ive got plenty of $$$ to get it fixed anyway;)

then you can pay me the money you owe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since that is you have plenty of money!!!!!!!!!

lieu910 said:
Grocery getter??? Let's see you try and live with a Corvette day to day and see who the real winner is! I'd rather be able to drive something with some real world capabilities and some serious performance. I think that's why the Magnum SRT8's appeal to me. Give me something I can use, not some stroke my ego 2 seater that was never intended to be a daily driver - it's a toy. Besides, it's much more fun to blow the doors off something when your doing it in a 4-door or Magnum, etc. Nothing better then lighting up a Mustang as fly by them in my Magnum R/T with a trunk full of mulch :smile:

Corvettes and MB's. Hey, I'll take either one, but let's face it as far as the arguement of reliability is concerned, I would not give either one the highest marks. GM is well...GM and that is not a compliment, and most Euro cars are notoriously finicky.
Grocery getter! I was playing! Either way its a over priced car and can't be compared to a C6 Z06. I don't know why you would think a Z06 couldn't be a daily driver. I guess it all come down to personal tastes. If I had a Z06 it would be a daily.

I think the vette is a great car(Ugly as Sin...But a real world supercar in the hands of a professional Driver).As far as taking them to the track and the Benz getting lit up....I would have to disagree,From what I have seen of the 3 new Z-06's...So far at the track..(Englishtown)...not one has trapped over 116...And been out of the 12's...Not saying what there capable of(With a professional Driver)...Just saying what the average driver is doing with them right now...I have seen a guy at the track let his girlfriend jump in his E55...And she still runs 12.1@113-114.IF you matched the e55 to any of the 06-z-06's that I have seen so far...They would of been soundly beaten by the benz.

If I were spending my money...I would pick up a 03-04 z-06....Throw a Head cam/Spray setup on it(Im 25 minutes from Cartek)....Be way ahead in the money dept.And smack the hell out of that z-06.In a better looking vette(Imo).

There is also a guy who goes to Atco raceway every now and then...Brings one of those sl-65's out...Has a Flashed Computer..(Renntech...$5000) :eek: And some K&N's...The car has run way into the low 11's and traps around 130mph.

19TTA89 said:
I think the vette is a great car(Ugly as Sin...But a real world supercar in the hands of a professional Driver).As far as taking them to the track and the Benz getting lit up....I would have to disagree,From what I have seen of the 3 new Z-06's...So far at the track..(Englishtown)...not one has trapped over 116...And been out of the 12's...Not saying what there capable of(With a professional Driver)...Just saying what the average driver is doing with them right now...I have seen a guy at the track let his girlfriend jump in his E55...And she still runs 12.1@113-114.IF you matched the e55 to any of the 06-z-06's that I have seen so far...They would of been soundly beaten by the benz.

If I were spending my money...I would pick up a 03-04 z-06....Throw a Head cam/Spray setup on it(Im 25 minutes from Cartek)....Be way ahead in the money dept.And smack the hell out of that z-06.In a better looking vette(Imo).

There is also a guy who goes to Atco raceway every now and then...Brings one of those sl-65's out...Has a Flashed Computer..(Renntech...$5000) :eek: And some K&N's...The car has run way into the low 11's and traps around 130mph.

I would bet my GN that you have not seen any C6 Zo6s running only 116 mph. I have plenty of videos of 03/04 ZO6s running that time and one TT C5 running low 11s on street tires @ 137 mph on pump gas. Plus there are probably barely 3 of them in the Northeast. Every video I have seen and magazines have them trapping 125 mph+, but you happen to see 3 new C6 ZO6s trapping only 116 mph which is just about 10 mph off pace and far from reasonable. Give me a freakin break! Show me pictures or video or you are FOS plain and simple. :rolleyes:

This is TT C5 on street tires that was driven to the track.

http://media.putfile.com/mike_080302SIR

No need to Hyjack my thread! :rolleyes:

OK...I have also seen tons of 03-04 z-06's running 13's in the hands of average drivers...Gimme a few minutes to get the vid somewhere so I can post it here....I only have 2 passes on video from Friday nite...And the other is actually a 14.??@110 sounding like the car was actually bogging...Did you make it to the EFI event At Englishtown??I guess not!!

I seen a vid of a C6 Z06 and it trapped at 125mph and ran 11.7 . didn't look like it got a great lauch either. These cars with run low to mid 11's if they have a driver.

19TTA89 said:
OK...I have also seen tons of 03-04 z-06's running 13's in the hands of average drivers...Gimme a few minutes to get the vid somewhere so I can post it here....I only have 2 passes on video from Friday nite...And the other is actually a 14.??@110 sounding like the car was actually bogging...Did you make it to the EFI event At Englishtown??I guess not!!

You said NEW Zo6s. Now you are backing up. I could care less what you whitnessed. I have seen ****ty drivers in everything. I would expect a 90-110K car to run fast consistently with a freakin 5 speed automatic. My wife could have made 10 second pass with my Turbo 99 GT auto on slicks. You are not the only person that has been to the track and whitnessed ZO6s make passes. :rolleyes: I'm a Mercedes Benz ELITE graduate and was a tech for a few years so I have probably forgotten more about MB cars than most people will ever know.

I guess this was Mario Andretti & John Force.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-6750.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-6504.html

Back