Outstanding new Turbo Buick history lesson by Rick Seitz @ GM-EFI

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
This needs to be shared.

Our own Rick Seitz went to a lot of work to document our great Turbo Buick history. This is the best new Turbo Buick history lesson I've seen in years. Don't mind the Buick nut jobs he interviews at the end of this thing. :D

http://www.gm-efi.com/features/gm-efis-guide-buick-turbo-regal/

Big thanks to Rick Seitz and GM-EFI
If you don't follow his site, you're missing the boat. ;)

Mike Barnard

It IS a good article, but man they need to get someone to proofread for them. Lots of grammatical errors for professional journalism

Very nice article, Rick does a great job with that site.

One itty bitty thing :D He mentions the WH1 and the WE4 but no mention of the D84 cars in '87? Oh well still a great article none the less.

I read over the early stuff. I see errors and pictures swiped from my website.

Good article…I noticed that about it the middle of the article, in the interview with Richard Lassiter, there is a picture of a GN going down the track at Bowling Green, KY and it's my friend Martin Riendeau's car!…(y)

Claude, :)
GSNATS-32-e1417326520938.jpeg

kirban 2 cents worth

its true no 1986 Limited T-Type Regals were produced however they did some with grey or tan leather pillow seats exact counts of them is in my book. I was fortunate enough when I wrote that 350 page book Buick was basically stil in business meaning they had a guy I would call hat had access to that critical info.

I can remember owning at least 2 of them with the pillow seats one was probably very rare black with tan pillow seats and moon roof.

Nobody is going to write an article that would be 100% correct on these cars today too tough to find the info and most articles probably would only touch on the GNs and GNXs...the T-Types and Turbo-Ts are always a little lower on the interest level.

I am sure my book contains mistakes....

Thing is the cars hold great fascination 30 plus years later. With and without the flaws......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On another similar note I was just interviewed or rather sent a bunch of questions for another magazine article on the GN and GNXs magazine is called Grassroots Motorsports out of Florida not sure when it hits print.

The more ink the better....the higher the interest the higher the value goes.....

"Limited" interiors where optional on many Turbo Regals (and not just for '86). The pillow top seats should have been paired with Limited's upper door panels as well. You don't need special access into Buick to know this. It's in all the selling manuals.

Mistakes are easy to get right. Just have someone proof read the piece before publishing. If the author is going to take pictures and information from someone else, ask first and have them review what he wrote.

I'd say getting the story right is better than just more ink. Quality, over quantity. :)

Last edited:
Kirban 2 cents worth:

I agree with most of the above comments especially about using someones photos etc and about proper grammar.
One reason my wife did all my proof reading on my books as English in High School was not a subject I paid much attention to. My wife on he other hand was a lot smarter than I was. Back then I had zero inkling I would write several books also be the editor for the 17th Aviation Group in Nha Trang Vietnam. A cool job to have.

There is another factor to consider.....as far as referring to Buick manuals etc and so on. Keep in mind most if not all were written prior to each years car introduction and they contain mistakes as well. I know this from GTO days brochures showed red ralley II lug nuts yet did not appear on cars.

Remember the ZR1 Corvette flyers showed it as a 1989 model never happened came out in 1990. These are just 2 quick examples that come to mind. In the Pontiac world it gets very complicated as the GTO was produced in over a dozen different plants so various differences may exist in any given year.

Look how Buick tinkered with Mollys power six logo heck how much trouble would it have been to have the power six logo all go the same way on the various Buick models.

Until you write a book its hard to envision just how difficult it is. The Turbo Regals with its various differences is hard to get 100% correct. Heck the same code for the Grand National in 1987 also is listed for the LeSabre T-Type on the trunk ID label. The WE2 code. We know their is a vast difference between the two cars but why the same WE code. Is there a shortage of possible combinations of letters and numbers?

Point is, its extremely tough to write a 100% accurate article on a 30 plus year old car line. Given a written test some of us would score pretty high.....Richard Clark for one I'd hope I would finish near the top as well.

Be interesting to meet the guy at Buick that worked out the method for securing the jack and spare in the trunk and translate it into the decal info that makes sense!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yep, brochures are often wrong. Always should have multiple sources to confirm facts.

We have all seen T Types with Limited interiors and it's right in the brochures. Easy confirmation. There couldn't be a Limited Turbo Regal in 1986 (or earlier years). The Regal Limited where VIN code M and Regal T Types were K. Had to be one or the other.

I agree, can't be 100% correct. But with a little effort, you can get close. :)

kirban 2 cents worth

its true no 1986 Limited T-Type Regals were produced however they did some with grey or tan leather pillow seats exact counts of them is in my book. I was fortunate enough when I wrote that 350 page book Buick was basically stil in business meaning they had a guy I would call hat had access to that critical info.

I can remember owning at least 2 of them with the pillow seats one was probably very rare black with tan pillow seats and moon roof.

Nobody is going to write an article that would be 100% correct on these cars today too tough to find the info and most articles probably would only touch on the GNs and GNXs...the T-Types and Turbo-Ts are always a little lower on the interest level.

I am sure my book contains mistakes....

Thing is the cars hold great fascination 30 plus years later. With and without the flaws......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On another similar note I was just interviewed or rather sent a bunch of questions for another magazine article on the GN and GNXs magazine is called Grassroots Motorsports out of Florida not sure when it hits print.

The more ink the better....the higher the interest the higher the value goes.....

I forgot about there being no 86 Turbo Limiteds. I have a white 86 hardtop with the grey 45/45 split bench...just sitting there collecting dust and rust.

My first TR was a black colored, vinyl roofed, tan leather 45/45 split with mini console, moonroof car...but it was an 87 Limited. Miss that car.