You can type here any text you want

outta 1555 how many do you think are left

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
just curious if you know of any cars that were totalled, crashed, parted out etc.

I suppose most are still left though:)

I have been on the board a few years and I have seen a few that have been wrecked.

Like guessing the beans in the jar and never really knowing or ever will know.

Most rebuild, but that is now. Back then I bet there were more being junked.

Guess--- 1400 have clean titles---Guess

thanks

Thats all it is --a guess.

I was thinking about the same 1250-1300. I figured some were lunched back in the day and totalled, but that to was just a guess.

They're four on Hawaii - one got in a wreck, or that's the scoop I'm hearing, and some idiot dockyard worker sent one over the side of the pier when they first came in. So, three working TTA's just here in the 808 state.

in connecticut i have 2 tta's a guy about a mile away from me there is a guy with 2 tta's also. there has ben another advertised locally that i looked at a few months ago. that makes 5 here in connecticut still alive. i looked at another one in groton at the
sub base 2 years ago that had the frame rail ripped off, i was told it fell off a flatbed last i heard that one went to pensylvania i would call that one dead as i think the drivetrain was going into another ta. i heard tell of another here in CT that was burned to the ground but still toghther again i would call that one probably dead also. i heard of another tta here in CT that was slammed hard in the door about 15 years ago it is supposedly still around and that also supposedly has a bunch of wrecked gn's also.

TN

i have heard of a few here in TN supposedly 3 in nashville including mine...one guy with two of them in gallatin tn (nashville)
i am saving # 1406
www.shandy.com/turbota

these are the pics before....in body shop now...staying stock with the exception of subframe lowers, panhard rod and alky....

I had one 7 or 8 years ago. Some rich kis sideswiped it and bought it after supposedly fixed. The guy in the coast guard bought it off me and was racing it after only had 34xxx miles on it.

2 here in colorado springs. one is my fathers and the other belongs to some loser who is a moderator on this board :p .
jk

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
just curious if you know of any cars that were totalled, crashed, parted out etc.

I suppose most are still left though:)

About 3 years ago there was a guy on the TTA mail list that said he worked for an insurance company, I don't remember if he said he was an adjuster or what. Anyway, he told us that the statistics that insurance companies use shows that there was less than 700 left at the time. Maybe Razor can remember this but he might not have been on the list at the time.

A friend totalled his 20k mile car.

Wasn't one of the 15 hardtop/cloth cars stolen and burned to the ground ?

i'd guess down near 1000 or less. like the post a couple up from the insurance guy... not sure where he got that number though. that seems pretty low.

you guys saying 1300 and stuff - i'm sure in 16 years we have lost more that 200 cars...

I just dawned on me that the TTA is at bottom prices... Almost anyone could afford one now. That means more being raced,daily driven, ect. I would think that they're only going to be ....say less than a 1000 soon enough.

Collecters bought these cars for 30+thousand and stored them in their garages back in 89 . Now people are actually driving them,wrecking,ect.

Someone will surely find out approx. how many still have good titles. Its just out of 1555.

I am going to say 1/2 of them . it would be nice to get a real number :confused: lots of these cars were cut up when they were new !! :rolleyes:

I would guess around 1,000. maybe a little less. I am sure a lot of them were beat to crap or wrecked.

Dont we pretty much know the VIN numbers for these cars? Are they consecutively numbered? Get 5 guys, all get a carfax accounts for a month and then they do 300 cars each. Between the guy who keeps up with the TTA's on ebay, and John pearcy who has a registry, theres a lot of VINs. Just an idea.

joejackgrace i live in meriden near i think his name dan smith that has 2 tta's but my shop where i keep my stuff is in east hampton i drive through about 15 times a week. call me and we can compare cars 203 605 4704 james

Not that it answers your question but including my car there at least four cars in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area. I've seen two of them and they are driven hard and mistreated. The other I've not seen. At trans am nationals last year there were four bone stock cars, all nice.

Back