You can type here any text you want

Paint Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Hey Guys , My paint is bout 10ish years old and still looks good but what is the best way to bring out the shine ? I wax probably twice a year . she sits in a covered garage and my put 2000 miles a year on her . What could some one do at a paint shop ? Sorry for the questions but I know jack crap about this issue , Thanks Keith

Hi Keith,try this it worked great on my sun beat T when I bought it.
18469c56f2fe3272d6cce6081f3eab7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mequiars correction kit works well...what it really needs is a 3M 3000 grit trizact cut and rotary buff. A local body shop could do it for you safely. If the whole car needs cut, figure on 6-8hrs at posted shop body labor rates...

Thank you Vader6 , I have used the car wax for black paint but I think a body shop may could really help it

yeah, wax it after is has been cut/buffed...the 3000 removes just enough surface defect to start fresh with a mirror like surface, you won't regret it...the meguiars correction kit is safe enough for anyone to use, just doesn't give quite the same results...do you have a DA style buffer?

I don't have a buffer and if I did I would be to scared to use it on my car , I would die if I dicked it up worse than it is LOL

Keith, no shame in wanting to let a pro handle it! Very easy to burn thru if you're not careful...for what a shop will charge to do it it's not worth buying all the proper equipment to do it, machines and materials are not cheap!

X2 what Vader6 has said Keith, search for a good body shop who does it on a regular basis, some body shops hire a “kid” to do their detail work, so search carefully.
I’m lucky enough that my nephew does al my cars, he works for a local custom body shop, and does more detailing then they do body work, lol, he has a 2 week long waiting list.
Just don’t trust it to anybody, due diligence and research before you hand the car over.

X2 what Vader6 has said Keith, search for a good body shop who does it on a regular basis, some body shops hire a “kid” to do their detail work, so search carefully.
I’m lucky enough that my nephew does al my cars, he works for a local custom body shop, and does more detailing then they do body work, lol, he has a 2 week long waiting list.
Just don’t trust it to anybody, due diligence and research before you hand the car over.

^^^^ this.
Look for a detailer that does hi end stuff.
We're lucky, in we have a guy that can make a "silk purse out of a sow's ear". He does detailing on exotics, such as Ferrari, BMW, etc.

A top notch detail shop can do what you want. Do any of the auctions like Mecham, Russo Steele or other good sized venues come through your area? Research who they use locally to clean up their cars.

If you have any high line/super car dealers in your area ask their service department or, better yet, their reconditioning manager to recommend a good detail shop to you.

Too bad you're not close to Phoenix. :cool:

Didn't know there was such a thing as reconditioning manager. Good info.

. . . .and turn the boost waaaaaaaay down, ie.: Remove the actuator off the turbo, and plug the vacuum hose for idle purpose.

Didn't know there was such a thing as reconditioning manager. Good info.

. . . .and turn the boost waaaaaaaay down, ie.: Remove the actuator off the turbo, and plug the vacuum hose for idle purpose.

That's what I do for Penske Automotive. If it's cosmetic, it's me. 23 brands. ;)

When you go to some local shows check out the cars with a great finish. Ask the owner about how they got it. You'll probably hear a name or 2 that keep coming up for detailing. Seek those guys out.

Back