You can type here any text you want

paint matching the Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nolanator

@none_more_black
Does anyone know of an aerosol style spray can that is the same or very similar to the black used on the Grand national. My car came with GNX style fender vents and they are in slightly rough shape, so I have ordered a pair from Kirban, and want to be able to match them as closely as possible to the rest of the car. Thanks.

When I painted the bumper fillers I just used Rustolum gloss black. It matches the paint on the car, although it isn't the original paint.

RemoveBeforeFlight

When I painted the bumper fillers I just used Rustolum gloss black. It matches the paint on the car, although it isn't the original paint.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Can you clear-coat over top of that? You could then wet-sand it and rub it out to a perfectly smooth finish that would also protect the black paint.

Can you clear-coat over top of that? You could then wet-sand it and rub it out to a perfectly smooth finish that would also protect the black paint.

I really don't know if it can be clear coated. That car isn't out in the sun too often, so the paint should be OK for a while.

RemoveBeforeFlight

The problem really isn't the sun, it's what happens to non-clear-coated paint when you wash and dry it repeatedly. It'll develop hazes, swirl marks and even scratches, which can't be buffed or polished out without clear-coat layers--because the marks are in the actual paint layer itself.

Back