You can type here any text you want

Painting question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tori

Are the window moldings supposed the be painted ? Specifically the quarter glass, and rear glass ? Mine have been painted, and wonder if that is correct.

If black trim around windows it supposed to painted like a satin finish not gloss n 1/4 glass trim it not supposed to be painted at all

Could you proof read that and translate it ..... I appreciate the help, but can't get a definitive answer from that.

I'm sorry the 1/4 glass trim is not supposed to be painted , they should be removed then reinstalled in there natural black rubber state after car is painted . All your window trim if it's a Gn or t type with black out trim should be like a satin finish .

okay, thank you. does the same apply to the rear glass molding ? And do you know if the rubber moldings are still available? I'd have to replace mine since they've been painted.

Yes All window trim n roof rail trim satin black , idk where to get brand new 1/4 window rubber but I i know intercooled88 in the for sale section might have a nice original set but might have to come with the 1/4 window too maybe , shipped to you as all one piece . Send him a pm in for sale section . Maybe someone knows who sells them new , I'm not sure .

I dont believe anyone makes 1/4 window gaskets i looked for a long time for mine and came up with nothing. I bought a nice original set off of someone and thats what i used. I believe the rubber os molded to the glass and cant be removed so it comes with glass also

Ya, Steve i think you're right. My painter said he thought they were bonded to the glass.

I know you can get the steel ring out of the rubber to repaint but that's it. I seen some on ebay for sale bit you would probly be better off posting an add on this website to look for some that's how i got my set.. good luck

Back