You can type here any text you want

Paintless Dent Removal in St. Louis Area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HyperV6

Anybody know a Paintless Dent Removal shop in the St. Louis area that is good / had good work performed? I talked with a guy from American Dent Company at the Westport car show from Sunday 9/10. Just wonder if anyone has used this guy?

Thanks for any info, Craig

I do PDR in Springfield, MO & travel to Ft. Leonard Wood a couple of times a month if you are willing to travel. I do not know anyone in the St. Louis area that I would recommend. I believe Dent Wizard is big in that area but you never know what you are going to get. Most PDR guys can do good work if they try, just question them if they will do any drilling for access.

Ryan
Dent Eliminator
417-880-9990

a travelling pdr company that the insurance company demand my neighbor take his truck to actually used the ding king on his truck. all he got was two nice, round, bare primer spots on his truck, lol. my 03 wrx suffered massive hail damage. on the hood, top, and trunk there was literally atleast one dent per square inch. the insurance company wanted to use pdr on my alloy hood and drill holes in my galvanized steel unibody to get inside and push the dents out. after a good amount of kicking and screaming and the promise that i would not be happy with the pdr in this case they gave in. $10k in damages to the car. i dont believe you could push thousands of dents out of a sheet of aluminum without it lookin all wavey. now for light damage, prolly works great.

Yes that St. Louis hail is usually pretty nasty. The # of dents is not as big of deal as the size of the dents, so 1 per square inch would be repairable as long as a lot of them were not large 1.5-2"+ diameter. Actually dents work out of the aluminum/alloy panels just as good or better than std. steel. On the heavier hail I understand that PDR is not always an option but it also has to be considered as to what quality of repaint & panel alignment the shop is going to do. Also if the paint does not "look" factory or has tape lines in the hood/trunk/door jambs upon resale people will suspect the car of being wrecked which can hurt the value. With either process a lot of the results just depend on the tech doing the work.

Ryan

when you dent metal doesnt it kinda stretch? how do you push it back into shape and make it perfectly flat? anywho my car was perfect as i took it to a rod and custom shop, had to fight with my insurance company on that point too. but none of this matters since i side-swiped a fire hydrant, nearly tearing the car in half, sent the hydrant sailing, rolled the car end over end about fifty feet and came to a rest upside down. amazing we didnt get seriously hurt, the impact did knock us out though. friends dont let friends drive drunk, except mine, they just laugh when i drive too fast. or should i say drove, havent done that since and NEVER will again.

Good to hear you made it out OK & good to hear you killed the WRX! The metal is able to be pushed back flat if it is not stretched to far. Typical hail or door dings can be repaired. Some hial/door dings do stretch the metal to far & you end up with an "oil can" affect when you try to make it flat again.

wow, thats not funny. what kind of person says theyre glad you totalled your car? even in jest?

appearantly you like to be an arse, too. another 6 inches and that hydrant would have killed me, if i was lucky. it could have just crippled me from the neck down. so what youre sayin is youre glad to hear that i almost died, put my buddy in the hospital for observation for a week, and suffered one of the most traumatic experiences of my life, and ruined the machine i was in, just so you can give your pitiful little self some meaningless little title like un-pc?

Back