You can type here any text you want

Part# for ECM?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Anyone have the part# for the ECM computer box under the passenger side dash? Also, is it the same as the GN ECM?

Part number is 1227148; Same as GN 86/87
Calpak is different....

Some useful info about "our" ECM:

Application: 1986 3.8 V6 SFI “B” LG2 (exc. “E” body)
1986 3.8 V6 SFI “3” LG3
1986-87 & 1989 3.8 V6 SFI turbo “7” LC2
MEMPAK IDs: “B”: …
“3”: ATJ, CLD, HXB, ABYR, ABYS, ABYU, AWWZ, …
“7”: TK, ATH, CMW, DRL, ACXA, APXB, BBKJ
CALPAK IDs: “B”: …
“3”: 16036495
“7”: 16036504
Program ID: 49 ($31)
Pgm ID Addr: $37A2
Scan ID Addr: $379F:$37A0
EPROM type: 2732

EPROM offset: $3000

Thanks Jan. I hear that GM is no longer accepting core's for the purchase of a GM reman unit, which means they will be disco'd soon so I was thinking of buying a spare while I could if they were the same as the GN and I confirmed this was the part#.
Cheers

ECM cost

.. whats the cost of the ecm to you guys other there... for a new GM unit etc.

I just bought one on Ebay for 9.95 plus 7.00 shipping :D

Got to keep eye's out for dealzzz ;)

1227148 Ecm

.... thats fair enough seems there are enough around over there to sink a ship... we also used them down under for a very very limited range and I have some new ones but worth holding onto for a while longer as they owe around US$120. (I'll stick'm away for 5 years or so). Hopefully mine will not need one anytime soon.

The re-man units from GM are $74 +shipping. Most any ECM or PCM for a sports car avg around $100 unless you search for the matching ECM from one of the "odd" cars which are compatible and the seller doesn't know he has a part that works on a "rarer" hot rod :)

ecms

... I think for the time and bother etc.. I'd rather just go with a new one and do it once (hopefully)... No issue really... if it was a Hyundai or something that would be another story.

I'd trust an old junky ecm over a reman anyday.

Fwiw

Back