You can type here any text you want

part number for stock interccoler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tracy

I am buying a TTA intercooler and it is a NOS piece. There are some part numbers on the box. Will they tell me it is a TTA intercooler vs just a regular GN intercooler?

How can I confirm this?

Well if theory hold correct... the TTA IC will be the same as the GNX. The size/dimensions will be the same, tho the fins per inch is what changes.

Also what are you going to do about the IC scoop? Thats the big hurdle...

Sent ya a PM.

Originally posted by Razor
Well if theory hold correct... the TTA IC will be the same as the GNX. The size/dimensions will be the same, tho the fins per inch is what changes.

Also what are you going to do about the IC scoop? Thats the big hurdle...

Sent ya a PM.

I do not have the scoop, but I thought I read someone is building them now.

Originally posted by tracy
I am buying a TTA intercooler and it is a NOS piece. There are some part numbers on the box. Will they tell me it is a TTA intercooler vs just a regular GN intercooler?

How can I confirm this?

This is what's on the sticker that's on the ic.

GARRET P/N 492000-4
SERIAL NO 6C- 0337-V
CUST P/N 20TA-10050

GARRETT MADE IN U.S.A.

Mease is/was making the scoops out of aluminum. The original pieces are rarer than hens teeth. Last OEM one on ebay went for like 500.00.

Problem with the aluminum is with such a low clearance on the front of the car, the slightest will rip it apart. But no demand to get the IC scoop reproduced becuase of high costs involved.

Mease is/was making the scoops out of aluminum. The original pieces are rarer than hens teeth. Last OEM one on ebay went for like 500.00.

Problem with the aluminum is with such a low clearance on the front of the car, the slightest will rip it apart. But no demand to get the IC scoop reproduced becuase of high costs involved.

Hey Razor, get real! The shrouds were going to be reproduced and was announced on the TTA list along with exact replacement seat leather. What happened? Many replies saying 'I'm not paying $500 for a piece of plastic! Those seat covers are to expensive!' This is just my point of view here but from what I've seen, most folks buy these cars cheap, beat them to death then sell them. There are very few that are actually keeping the car as a rare muscle car. Question, How many times do you see ' Winner of car show what ever in a sig? No offense intended here, just an observation.

Originally posted by 89ICBM
Question, How many times do you see ' Winner of car show what ever in a sig? No offense intended here, just an observation.
That would be bragging ;) But since you mentioned it, my car was the first 3rd gen TA to be displayed inside the Corvette Museum. This was the 35th F-Body show at Bowling Green a couple of years ago. I also won the Best 3rd gen at the F-Body Motorsports Event at Indy last year. Even had my name in a few magazines because of it.

But I won't mention that because nobody likes to hear about someone bragging about their car :D

Originally posted by 89ICBM
Hey Razor, get real! The shrouds were going to be reproduced and was announced on the TTA list along with exact replacement seat leather. What happened? Many replies saying 'I'm not paying $500 for a piece of plastic! Those seat covers are to expensive!' This is just my point of view here but from what I've seen, most folks buy these cars cheap, beat them to death then sell them. There are very few that are actually keeping the car as a rare muscle car. Question, How many times do you see ' Winner of car show what ever in a sig? No offense intended here, just an observation.

The shrouds "were" going to be reproduced.. but nobody wants to kaplunk the mulla.. :rolleyes:

Me I have my low mile car that doesnt need seats, doesnt need an IC scoop, doesnt need anything but a pilot. Thats what I get for spending the money and getting a nice car to begin with. No offense.. I've gotten several Best Of Shows with it as well.

Yup beat them to death, then go buy another low mile one for cheap ;) while theyre still around. Sorry for being/saying this.. but it is how it is.

Why would I spend 500 bucks on an IC scoop for TTA with 125 K miles :confused: thats only worth 6500.. with or without the scoop? Only guys I can see spending the dough are low mile examples.. but those never get pulled out of theyre garajes. Waiting for a guy like me to pick them up cheap :D

Frank, you have that motor up-n-running yet???

Why would I spend 500 bucks on an IC scoop for TTA with 125 K miles :confused: thats only worth 6500.. with or without the scoop? Only guys I can see spending the dough are low mile examples.. but those never get pulled out of theyre garajes. Waiting for a guy like me to pick them up cheap :D

Frank, you have that motor up-n-running yet??? [/B][/QUOTE]

I do see your point. For the $ I've put into mine I probably could have bought an MSO car. I just couldn't part with the old girl.

Nope!:mad: Looks like next week. Got a dyno day coming in May at Conley's and a couple of big car shows coming soon. I guess I'm a gluten for punishment cause I'm gonna enter the Houston Buick show again. You'd think I would have learned, never enter a Pontiac in a Buick show but, I just love being a thorn in those guys side. HA!

Originally posted by RobR
That would be bragging ;) But since you mentioned it, my car was the first 3rd gen TA to be displayed inside the Corvette Museum. This was the 35th F-Body show at Bowling Green a couple of years ago. I also won the Best 3rd gen at the F-Body Motorsports Event at Indy last year. Even had my name in a few magazines because of it.

HA! Right! Hi Rob,

I remember you telling that now. That was a great job and too cool. Too bad you had to part with it.

Ya didnt say Dyno did ya :eek: :eek: :eek:

You got neutz after the last little incident..

Good luck..

Julio

Ya didnt say Dyno did ya :eek: :eek: :eek:

You got neutz after the last little incident..

Good luck..

Julio
Must be Texas sized :eek: I know I wouldn't be climbing on a dyno after that little incident.

Good luck and post some numbers :)

Originally posted by tracy

How can I confirm this?

The NOS TTA one I have does not have any markings on the intercooler shroud itself. The only thing it has is a "wire Tied" GM parts plant tag attached to it. It did not come in a box but rather a bag.

- Dave

Re: Re: part number for stock interccoler

Originally posted by davege
The NOS TTA one I have does not have any markings on the intercooler shroud itself. The only thing it has is a "wire Tied" GM parts plant tag attached to it. It did not come in a box but rather a bag.

- Dave

Dave,

I checked my archives and this is what I came up with for the shroud

Group 3.341 DUCT, TURBO BOOST AIR INTCLR
Part #12398534

Back