You can type here any text you want

Part Numbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sagecoach

I"m in the market for a stage ll and am doing research.I need some help from you guys on part numbers.There"s an engine for sale on our board which is an early on -center with a casting # of 4x151981.All info that I have says the numbers should end with 153.What gives? Also do the aluminum and the iron heads have the same #?This same engine for sale is advertised with stage 2 heads, but the casting # is 25500009.My info is that this is a stage 1 head number :confused: :confused: :confused:

Part numbers can change. I think there are 2 sets of numbers for the blocks. If you look at the gnttype web site they have both. One is listed on the scanned in copy of the Buick stage parts flyer, the other is listed in the picture guide.

I happen to have the Power Source book in front of me now (it's good train ride reading).

Heads:
25500009 Stage I heads, casting 25506293. Uses same bolts as production heads and can use stock rockers if hydraulic. cam is used.

25500026 Stage II Iron head, casting 25500027

25500011 Stage II aluminum head, no casting number listed.

On the block side, from the power source book, 25500011 Stage I 3.8L
25500015 Stage I 4.1L
25500013 Stage II 3.8L
25500017 Stage II 4.1L

For example, my on-center 4.1 SII block has a 25500153 stamped on the side of the block. You should look at the picture guide, lots of good information there.

Hope this helps,

Don't sweat the part #s too much. The various parts are quite evident visually, for one thing. You'll never confuse a stock style head with a S2 head, and iron vs. aluminum is pretty easy as well. :) I have an on-center block that has a casting # that ends in 1987..other variations exist.

Originally posted by KendallF
Don't sweat the part #s too much. The various parts are quite evident visually, for one thing. You'll never confuse a stock style head with a S2 head, and iron vs. aluminum is pretty easy as well. :) I have an on-center block that has a casting # that ends in 1987..other variations exist.

Yup, in my original post I meant to start off with "Casting" numebrs change from time to time, not part numbers....... 1987, that's a new casting on me. Does it at least start with 255?

I think he's referring to my engine. I wondered about the part numbers myself. But there's no mistaking an oncenter stage 2 block nor stage 2 alum heads : ) Siamese bore, oiling provisions, splayed caps, power 6 logo, etc.... Thx for the insight fellas See ya in Reynolds Kendall!!

Stage 2 part numbers

Thanks guys! Where can I get a Power Source book? See you in Reynolds!:cool: John Jackson

Re: Stage 2 part numbers

Originally posted by Sagecoach
Thanks guys! Where can I get a Power Source book? See you in Reynolds!:cool: John Jackson

John,

I don't think the Buick Power Source book has been in print for a while now. If you want one I think your best bet is going to be to ask around on the boards and lists. If worse comes to worse I think they are readily available on eBay.

I traded a new "X" block to Ron Tarabori a while back. Definitely an On-Center 4.1 S2 block. The casting number doesn't mean too much from my experience.

DR

Back