Part throttle woes

tangofox

Ok, Here is my situation. While the car was parked for the winter I did the following things to my GN.

1. Ported the turbo (stock), I took off the compressor side, matched the inlet bell up with the turbo, ground and polished the outlet side. enlarged the W/G hole to approx .900". and belled the header/turbo connection.

2. cleaned the throttle body. In doing this I removed the IAC and cleaned this (by hand with rags).

3> New valve springs and seals (Postons)

4. New rear main seal, and pan gasket.

5. New O2 sensor.

Now here is the problem. While testing the car , when I get to about 5# boost the car feels like it's going to stall. But when i nail it it runs fine. Between 5 and 10 #'s the thing runs like crap:confused: Just normal driving (like non TR people do ;) it runs great, idels fine too. and runs good at wot. But at 1/4 throttle crapola. IAC's are 20, tps .44 - 4.58, o2's 830, I checked the Y for the waste gate and it's ok. Also, when it is running bad it sounds like it is sucking air or something. Can anyone point me in the right direction:( Also boost is 17# and fp is 46. Thanks

What kind of vacuum are you pulling? With 46 PSI FP and only 17 PSI of boost with 38's you are probably way rich and why did you enlarge the WG hole so much on a stock turbo?

Intercooler, I am getting 19inhg vacuum. I ported the wastegate hole due to boost creep that I was experiencing last fall. I was running 19#'s through the traps. But it would creep up to 21 +(when I backed off of it). When I backed off the fp, the car quit pulling at 3600 rpm. I when through that when I put in the thrasher 93 chip last summer. (had stock injectors then.) I kept bumping up the fp and the rpms would get higher w/ each # of fp.
But I didn't have any trouble like this.

I also forgot to add in the above that I removed 1 of the 2 MAF screens. Also I'm getting the Mease SS DP soon (hopfully, I'm #71:) )

The Turbo Reagal Website said to port it up to .938". Do you think I went too much with it?:confused:

Just wanted to let you know that it seems to be that the fp was way to high:eek: . After I got off work (actually left early to work on the car.) I backed the fp down to 39/40 lbs and she ran much better. I also had to back the boost down (went to 22lbs very briefly, go 7deg KR). just need to get her dialed in a little better. Think I might just wait 'till my mease dp gets here. Thanks for your help. :D