PAS driver door sticker question

Jan Larsson

On the driver side door there's the PAS INC sticker with 2 dates on it. Mine is all washed out and I can't see any of the printing on this sticker unfortunatly.

What I've seen on other TTA's theres a date printed just under the PAS logo on this sticker and most of them been 2/89 (but also seen 3/89) and theres another date below the VEH MFD. BY GENREAL MOTORS CORP. where all I've seen is 2/89 (even where the above date under the PAS logo been 3/89).

First question what exactly are those 2 different dates.

Second question as my sticker is totaly washed out and I cant see any of those 2 dates is there anywhere else I can look to find out what dates originaly where printed on this sticker? I got the GM invoice where the ship date and invoice date is 03-22-89 does this help narrowing down any of the 2 dates on the sticker?

Jan I would think that was just the month the car left Pontiac. or PAS. I'm sure they both worked together on those. I would guess some of them didn't make it out by the end of Feb. and wound up with the 3/89. Everyone I've seen so far had the 2/89 never seen the 3/89 yet. The 2 dates might be even when it left the Pontiac factory and when it left PAS. That is possible as well. I've seen them all match in the past as well. Your car being a higher number might have made out out with a 3/89 but I don't think you'll be able to tell anywhere but on that sticker on the door. Those dates might also show up on the build sheet if you have any of those from the car. Here is mine...

2-4-05-029.jpg

Mine is all washed away. Would a build sheet have this date? My car number is 1546 so it would be a good test for 3/89.

Jason

any chance of getting this reproduced? one of the cars i have was in a accident and the driver door was replaced.

It is illegal to reproduce that sticker because the vin number is on there. Anyone could just make them up and re vin a car. You might be able to go thru GM to have them done. I would contact PHS or Pontiac direct.

Mine is all washed away. Would a build sheet have this date? My car number is 1546 so it would be a good test for 3/89.

Jason

I looked at what is left of my build sheet and found no dates, also looked at some build sheets I got photos of and there's no date on that one either.

Found a picture with 4/89 on the sticker as well ... seems like the date range from 2/89 to 4/89 under the PAS logo but all of the pictures I got of this sticker have 2/89 in the other location ...

Attachments

• 489.jpg
    489.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 190
I guess it took 3 months to get them all done and out the door! :cool: I wonder what the car number that one came from.

Jim, is there any where else on the car the date might be? I wuld be interested to see my build date. I guess I will dig out my build sheet and maybe it will be somewhere since Jan's wasnt complete. I would like to think mine would have been in the last week.

Jason

I guess it took 3 months to get them all done and out the door! :cool: I wonder what the car number that one came from.

Not sure about the build number, but these are the serial numbers in the VIN's I have with the corresponding dates on the PAS sticker (PAS build date?)

247072 4/89
247634 3/89
239273 2/89
235767 2/89

Mine is 245444 so could be 3/89 or 4/89 as the serial number for the 4/89 above is lower than the 3/89 I also have a picture of.....

Anyone got close to build number 1078 (or close to my VIN 245444)?

Jim, is there any where else on the car the date might be? I wuld be interested to see my build date. I guess I will dig out my build sheet and maybe it will be somewhere since Jan's wasnt complete. I would like to think mine would have been in the last week.

Jason

I got photos of about 5 different build sheets from at least 5 different TTA's and none of them have a date unfortunatly ... interesting is that most of them are different as well so must have been more than one build sheet for each TTA looking at the info on each of them...

I got photos of about 5 different build sheets from at least 5 different TTA's and none of them have a date unfortunatly ... interesting is that most of them are different as well so must have been more than one build sheet for each TTA looking at the info on each of them...

The build sheets differ depending on the location they were in the car. It would say where it went. I have one on my desk that was from a tail-panel section of the car. Being it was in the tail panel it will tell you all the codes for anything around that area. I did find TTA #395 and it was one digit off on the vin then mine so that all went in sequence unlike the GNX's

My buildsheet was in the rear hatch area under the carpet. Right on the slope is where I found mine.

Jason

Hey Jan!
That one vin looks familiar!
You know which car number.
Hope everybody has a great new year! (Slightly late, I know)

George:cool:

Hey Jan!
That one vin looks familiar!
You know which car number.
Hope everybody has a great new year! (Slightly late, I know)

George:cool:

Sure do George, this is where all my photos pays off :)

Happy New Year to you and Lisa as well, by the way did you ever get my e-mail or have you changed your e-mail address. Mine's still jlarsson@london.com

The build sheets differ depending on the location they were in the car. It would say where it went. I have one on my desk that was from a tail-panel section of the car. Being it was in the tail panel it will tell you all the codes for anything around that area. I did find TTA #395 and it was one digit off on the vin then mine so that all went in sequence unlike the GNX's

Yep, just looked at the copies I have and there's a build sheet / broad cast sheet for the interior, one general with engine, transmission etc, another one I have is for the center console and radio funny enough this one says no speakers on it?

Wich I had more than the 2/3 or so I found under my passanger rear seat carpet. Got wet at some point ....

Also found the black tape and just the corner of another one on the driver side "hump" under the carpet above the fuel tank. But that is it as I have had the complete car apart except for the dash.