You can type here any text you want

Pass out the cigars! I just got a Turbo Trans Am!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

auto_cran

Hey everyone - I am very proud to announce that I am the new owner of a 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am - number 760!

It's a leather/ t-top model, has all the emblems, including the decals on the door. Totally bone stock - right down to the Goodyear gatorbacks. Car was a former musuem piece, with only 1420 miles when I acquired it. Looks absolutly stunning - not a scratch, chip, dent, or ding on her - inside even smells new.

The car runs great, leaks nothing, and is fairly tight considering it's a t-top car. The only flaw I could find with the car was with the rear hatch release the day after I got it, but Lon over at Top-Down Solutions was kind enough to walk me through how to temporarly get it working again. Great guy and he saved me a lot of money!

Want to pass my thanks to many on here that helped me with my search - I have spoken to alot of you (you know who you are), and you have gave me valuable info that helped with my purchase.

The hunt was a blast! But I like being an owner better!

Chris
TTA # 760

Here is a shot

Attachments

• dsc00215.jpg
    dsc00215.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 260
Another shot. Both this one and the previous one were taken at the dealer where the car was at. (The car was just kept at a dealership - I bought it from an indiviual).

Attachments

• dsc00232.jpg
    dsc00232.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 219
Those pictures make me jealous....

Beautiful, what are your plans for the car?

lee

BIG CONGRATS, I just got mine last month as well....GREAT CARS,
and they actually have BRAKES!! Enjoy...............

The hunt was a blast! But I like being an owner better!

Chris
TTA # 760

Hi Chris,

Congrats! I'm glad you got such a choice car. Is this the car that was in Pampa Tx.?

Thanks.

Hi, Frank - no this isn't the car in Pampa (although I believe it recently sold). Car came from South Texas (near Corpus Christi) This one was driven occasionally. BTW - thanks for all the leads you gave me!

As for plans with it - hard to say. Right now I'm just enjoying it as it is!

For the most part, it will be kept stock - maybe put in a K&N air filter and a chip. Nothing too radical.

Would really like to find a set of wheels for it. The ones on there are perfect, not a single blemish - and being that they have the original Goodyear tires on them - I would like to take the wheels & tires off and preserve them (16 yr old rubber can't be too good anyway). Anyone know of any gold GTA / TTA wheels (with or without rubber) for sale?

Chris
TTA #760

Originally posted by auto_cran

Anyone know of any gold GTA / TTA wheels (with or without rubber) for sale?

Chris
TTA #760

Chris,

Try wheelcollision.com the fronts are part # 1507 $240.0 ea. and the backs are # 1508 $185 ea. They are listed as metallic gold but the original color I believe was called Aztec gold. I got a set from them and they were perfect. Give them a call to make sure your on the same page 800-292-7467.

No Mods??? Thats just what I said when I bought my TTA with 18,000 miles on it.:rolleyes: Believe me it will not be long before the itch start. Boost is more addictive than crack.;)

congrats.....and I thought my 10k miles was low.

;)

you will be bolting stuff on in no time. when I first got mine I said...."im gonna keep it stock"

yeah that lasted about a month. now im knee deep into it. modding these cars is so simple and fun its crazy.

much more enjoyable to work on than my previous LS1 TA.

congrats on the purchase.

We're close on build numbers, I'm 750 although mine has alot more miles on it.

Again, thanks for all the congrats everyone. Nice to be a part of the TTA family!

Twinvipers - yes - it was the one on ebay out in Victoria, TX. I shot IndyTA an email to change the selling price listed on the ebay history. It says it sold for $19,399 - in fact I bought it for $19,000 even.

Thanks again! Loving the car!

Chris
TTA #760

Yeah, will drive it occasionally, weather and time permitting.

I want to keep the miles low, but at the same time, I think these cars were meant to be driven. So will try to do both.

Got a K&N filter and an aluminum MAF pipe on the way. Looking forward to that! I hear the stock air filter setup is very restrictive.

Chris
TTA #760

Back