You can type here any text you want

Pass side lighted sun visor falling

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
I did a search, bought the plastic sleeve that goes on the metal sun visor bracket. Sun visor falls now worse than with the old sleeve. Tightened the screws. No good either. Now what? New sun visor bracket. The visor falls down, not towards the back of the car.

If you bought an aftermarket plastic inserts they suck!! Bought a new GM one and visors no longer drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the ones from Highway stars and it still drooped....but as time has gone on it's gotten better. For whatever reason. I still tell
people not to touch it if its up though. LOL :D

I've seen the shaft in the bracket spin free. Put some green loctite on it. Once it sets up the bushing will control the movement like it should.

My shaft does not rotate in a circular motion. It is still. I took my old plastic sleeve and the new Highway Stars one and with the visor off and the sleeve only on I pressed both sides of the sleeves on each side of the tightening screw hole almost touching each other and it still seemed to move a little loose. There is no way that the tightening screw is going to make it as tight as I was pressing it with the visor off.
I did speak with Leslie at Highway Stars (who was very nice) and she had said that it was not a GM piece but made to GM specs. I am beginning to think that it might be my bracket where the plastic sleeve goes over or maybe even my headliner or visor. I did have them recovered and maybe the angle is wrong or something and pressure is being put on it to help it fall. I don't know. Leslie said that she was going to try to source a GM sleeve or possibly give me some other type of sleeve ( the black one for T Tops I think).
As for now I am able to wedge the right side of the visor on the headliner trim above the passenger window. Wife is happy and it keeps it up.

I bought two new swivels from GbodyParts because mine were loose and spinning bad. When I went to put the visors on them the plastic
Sleeves were toast. I bought new plastic sleeves from Gbody and everything tightened up great. They are super stiff now.

If you are having a problem getting the to tighten with the plastic sleeve make sure the bracket inside the visor is all lined up correctly.
They tend to slide back and fourth. I used a Phillips head to drag them into position to make sure the holes were all lined up correctly

My shaft does not rotate in a circular motion. It is still. I took my old plastic sleeve and the new Highway Stars one and with the visor off and the sleeve only on I pressed both sides of the sleeves on each side of the tightening screw hole almost touching each other and it still seemed to move a little loose. There is no way that the tightening screw is going to make it as tight as I was pressing it with the visor off.
I did speak with Leslie at Highway Stars (who was very nice) and she had said that it was not a GM piece but made to GM specs. I am beginning to think that it might be my bracket where the plastic sleeve goes over or maybe even my headliner or visor. I did have them recovered and maybe the angle is wrong or something and pressure is being put on it to help it fall. I don't know. Leslie said that she was going to try to source a GM sleeve or possibly give me some other type of sleeve ( the black one for T Tops I think).
As for now I am able to wedge the right side of the visor on the headliner trim above the passenger window. Wife is happy and it keeps it up.
Wife will always be happy when it stays up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I removed the sun visor and wrapped a fat rubber band around the shaft. Reinstalled the the visor. Fixed the problem. I wish I took pics of the process. Been five years. Its fine and it still moves if I need it to block the sun. Fat Rubber Band.....
Give it a shot.... Can't hurt.

Back