Passed Smog...but HC's were close....

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Studied for the test real good and passed.

HC's were the only close one....measured 76 at 15mph and the max is 77....so that might be trouble next time....any ideas?
HC's at 25mph were 44 against the max of 59

O2 % was .30 and .25

CO2 was 14.61 and 14.70

C0% was .07 and .03

NO PPM was 77 and 55

Basically I took the tune and boost way down, put the cat back in, turned off and hid the alky injection, turned the fuel pressure down to 37 and popped in an emissions chip and took it easy too and from the test station. I got the engine temp up to 190....the emissions chip controls the fan to the higher temp.

I plan on leaving the cat in until next race day...the guy doing the test recognized the car and was on to me. He warned me that the freeway on-ramp scanners and remote stations are becoming more popular. He casually mentioned that the smog po-po are getting better at catching the so called gross polluters who are tricking the system by prepping their cars for smog testing and then going out the next day with the performance mods all back in place.

Studied for the test real good and passed.

HC's were the only close one....measured 76 at 15mph and the max is 77....so that might be trouble next time....any ideas?
HC's at 25mph were 44 against the max of 59

O2 % was .30 and .25

CO2 was 14.61 and 14.70

C0% was .07 and .03

NO PPM was 77 and 55

Basically I took the tune and boost way down, put the cat back in, turned off and hid the alky injection, turned the fuel pressure down to 37 and popped in an emissions chip and took it easy too and from the test station. I got the engine temp up to 190....the emissions chip controls the fan to the higher temp.

I plan on leaving the cat in until next race day...the guy doing the test recognized the car and was on to me. He warned me that the freeway on-ramp scanners and remote stations are becoming more popular. He casually mentioned that the smog po-po are getting better at catching the so called gross polluters who are tricking the system by prepping their cars for smog testing and then going out the next day with the performance mods all back in place.

Chicken I am absolutely surprised that the car passed at all. Yes they have tightened up the standards & will continue to do so till they legislate these cars off the road. They want all the old cars off the road so you have to buy new & support the democrats most loyal supporters. The unions lackeys.

It's a testament to how well you build motors, Lou....even when the customer has you build it with used heads and used roller cam LOL.

How 'bout them HC's...what might be causing those to tickle the limit?

It's a testament to how well you build motors, Lou....even when the customer has you build it with used heads and used roller cam LOL.

How 'bout them HC's...what might be causing those to tickle the limit?
Thanks Chick, if you have any of your old smog test reports you will see that they keep lowering the standards. The H.C,s used to be 125, then 90, now 75 like I said they are trying to get all the old cars off the road. For you to have passed at all is a miracle. It must be cause you're so religious.

Thanks Chick, if you have any of your old smog test reports you will see that they keep lowering the standards. The H.C,s used to be 125, then 90, now 75 like I said they are trying to get all the old cars off the road. For you to have passed at all is a miracle. It must be cause you're so religious.

Dang Communists!!!!
God will prevail!!!!