XFI Sportsman E-Dash, Error code (Thumbs Up!)

Lil Truck

I spend to much time here....
I am very thankful for the Error code light on the XFI E-dash, it may have just saved me a HG change possibly an engine rebuild!
I installed the Sportsman XFI in January and have been learning it through logged test runs and good information on the Sportsman Facebook page.
I have had no problems with the unit. 2 weeks ago I took the car on its first long drive to the annual Buicks at Bates Nut Farm event, 260 miles RT and 100 degree temps on the way home. The car ran great I had just rebuilt the trans, replaced the entire AC system, changed the oil and installed a new fuel filter before the trip. Everything worked perfect.
The morning after the trip I decided to go make a test run, all seemed find but for the first time the E-Dash Error code light turned on ? I was logging the run so I checked the code on the E-dash and it said injector duty cycle? I checked the log and sure enough the duty cycle hit 100%. Normally it will hit 80% @ 27#.. This seemed odd I had recently checked the Alky pump with a pressure tester when I installed the XFI and relocated the MAP sensor under the dash, all I could think was the new fuel filter was responsible or my fuel pump was failing?

Today I ran checks on all the systems fuel pressure was great 42 line off 70 @ 28#, retested the Alky system the pump is only 1 year rebuilt and it only tested 100-120 psi max and the was a slow drip from the pump. I decided to try tightening the Allen screws and found 3 were about a 1/4-1/2 turn loose. I retested the pump and it now had 140-160# where I it normally reads with a new pump, and no leaks!

If I was not running the E-Dash I would not have been alerted to the problem so quickly!!! The next warning would have been knock sensor and detonation!!

Nice. Did you configure it to alert you if the DC hit a certain threshold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk