Passing smog???

blown sn-95

I have an 87' GN 58,000 org. miles stock motor 009's 3" from turbo back w/ cat thrasher 92oct. chip will it pass smog? or what will I have to do to pass in Califoria?

California has two types of test depending on where you live. Two-speed-idle or ASM. I suspect that you would have problems passing with an open loop chip (such as thrasher).

Enhanced area. I would suggest contacting Thrasher for one of their emissions chips or using a closed loop chip. My car passed just fine using a Jim Testa and Reds93 for 009s. I'm a firm believer of using the same chip to pass smog and driving around. I guess I'm just lazy, because I don't want to change chips each time I have to have my car smog tested.

Scott231 still builds thrasher chips. I have used both the Reds93 and the Testa93 and have passed with each. I'm sure that any of the vendors that leave the EGR functions intact will pass. Also, a thumbwheel chip will allow you to house many different chip parameters on one chip. The Joe Lubrant chips or Jay Carter chips should also pass fine.