You can type here any text you want

PCV valve delete breather found.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
I know that guys have very strong opinions on deleting the PCV valve.
This is an informational thread for the guys, like me, that want to try to run without one. I may like it, I may not.
I found this 1/2in breather at a local motorcycle shop to use in conjunction with the two valve cover breathers and it fits in the PCV grommet perfectly.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Interesting.

I can’t wait for all the replies.

D
I agree, I have deleted the pcv on every gm performance vehicle that I have either hot rodded or have built for my customers, and although I have only been hot rodding my grand national for a few years(currently assembling a new engine that will capable of high nines) I deleted the pcv in mine the same way, as this is what is done in any other performance engine in the industry, maybe someone can school me in the turbo regal world as to why you would want to put contaminated oil and fuel vapors back into the combustion chamber to mix with the good clean air fuel mixture that your trying to make horsepower with, especially since most of these cars have aftermarket chips that can be tuned to this, any way hope this turns into a good discussion on this issue, Fire them up.

I agree, I have deleted the pcv on every gm performance vehicle that I have either hot rodded or have built for my customers, and although I have only been hot rodding my grand national for a few years(currently assembling a new engine that will capable of high nines) I deleted the pcv in mine the same way, as this is what is done in any other performance engine in the industry, maybe someone can school me in the turbo regal world as to why you would want to put contaminated oil and fuel vapors back into the combustion chamber to mix with the good clean air fuel mixture that your trying to make horsepower with, especially since most of these cars have aftermarket chips that can be tuned to this, any way hope this turns into a good discussion on this issue, Fire them up.

Hmm makes sense when you put it like that. Would I just cover off the the designated slot on the vacuum block? And of course, send in my chip to Eric at TurboTweak and tell him about the breather so he can tune the chip to it??

I had tee'd in to the PCV line for my vacuum brakes on installation, now it runs right to the line that goes to the vacuum block.
With a TT chip you would tune less fuel at idle to compensate for no more unmetered air entering the engine thought the valve cover breathers and going through the PCV valve.
I have not tuned for this yet so I don't know how much the settings will change.

Last edited:
Back