You can type here any text you want

PCV Valve location or other part

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

I am going through and replacing all the vaccum lines on my Turbo Trans Am. It has 198K miles on it and is getting the TLC it so deserves. There is a piece that looks like a PCV valve on the passenger side in the intake between 2 of the fuel injectors. It has a 90 degree vac line going to it from one of the black hard lines. Is this a PCV valve or something else? If it is not the PCV valve where is it?

That's the PCV valve, defenitly look at replacing it, and maybe the rubber grommet in the intake as well.

Does it just pull out? I can rotate it around but I am afraid to use a ton of force to pull it out.

Give it a pull - twist & pull, it'll come out. Just don't drop it - there are lots of places for it to hide in a TTA.

Is it easy to get a new grommet? Is it easy to get the old one out? From the looks of it the grommet is down in the intake around the PCV valve. I have been reading about people dropping grommets down in the intake as well.

Hardway,

Use a screw driver and pry the gommet out from the outer diameter. The grommet is built like a yoyo with a hole in the middle. It's available at yer local auto parts. I believe it's 1/2 by 3/4.

I ordered 2 PCV valves and 2 grommets through the local parts store here, should arrive in a few days. Thank you for the all the info guys. Hopefully after this along with a few other things she will be idling smooth once again.

Does it have the stock motor? If not, that would be amazing to have 200k on the stock one.

Jason

Back