You can type here any text you want

peck in engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

we2man

I regrettably ran my GN a little hot (to hot) now ive got a peck or small knock. It sounds like it may be a valve. you can not hear it at idle! Only at higher rpm is there any way to correct this?

Ouch!....

Are you sure it's not that the d/s header cracked? If you are only hearing it while under load, it may only be the. You could also pull the valve cover on the side you think the noise is on and check the rocker shaft and springs to see if you have any damage to them. (Assuming you already checked your oil for coolant and read your plugs for any possible fouling.) When running hot, it's possible to lift the head:eek: and cause unwanted problems.

When I run mine hot ,one or two of my valve bent and you can hear the knock loud. Pull the valve cove to see if any valve is bent

Might was well pull the engine and get that built motor you have been dreaming of :D Rodknock.. drive it a few days and wee what happens I dare ya !!:eek:

Yeah, Ive been driving it almost daily it doesnt miss or stall. It must be the exhaust leak or a minorly bent valve! I still plan on having it checked out real soon its annoying! THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GUYS MUCH APPREICIATED!! ESPEICIALLY YOU REECE BOBBY (SHAKE N BAKE)

Back