You can type here any text you want

Pedal Won't Come Back up but brakes work

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cusslywolf

Hi Guys, I have a 1986 T Type with the turbo engine with 75k on it. The powermaster unit was replaced some years ago by me and she was working fine until I left it at a shop for an alignment.

I tried to take her out for a spin but the brake pedal does not come back out from the floor and the outside brake lights stay on. No warning lights at all on dash and the brakes still work fine..so well they could throw you through the dash. Could this be a simple problem and how do I diagnose this problem? The only symptoms are brake lights on in rear of car and pedal has no feeling and won't come back to normal. Thanks for the help.

So, if you reach down there and pull on the pedal it is stuck, or is it just not coming back up by itself?
The brake lights are on because there is a switch that the pedal activates. The pedal is down, so the switch is activated.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It just won't come back up by itself. When I drove it home it was fine, then when I went and tried to drive it there was no pedal pushing back. Fluid level is fine. But I don't hear the pump running either. So I have been disconnecting the battery because the switch keeps the brake lights on.

are the brakes dragging? can you push the car by hand with the car in neutral?

if you can, just push the brake light switch in on it's bracket until it's up tight to the pedal, which will shut the brake lights off.

Back