Personal best, Hello 11's!!!!

gn87turbo

Previous best I had went was a 12.01 at 113 with 26 inch et streets. Switched to 28 inch hoosiers and as of last night have a new personal best. Ran a 11.65 @ 114 with a 1.69 sixty foot and the car felt very strong. Did this on 21-22 lbs. of boost and zero knock which I'm very pleased with. If I was comfortable tuning, would have loved to turn up boost and fp but for now I'll just let the Turbo Tweak race chip do the work.

That was the only full run I made of the night. First run didn't heat the slicks up well enough and spun out, second run saw some knock and lifted, which I know believe was shift knock and false(scanmaster showed 1.2 deg.). Third and final run of the night was the best one and a full pass with zero knock.

Cool weather+turbo buick= happy camper!!!:cool:

Nice!!! Very impressed on how much the taller tires helped. 11.6 from a 44 on 21psi is not bad at all How much timing?

Thanks guys! Timing on the Turbo Tweak chip I'm pretty sure is set at 21 deg. in third gear. I'll dig out the paper work and let you know for sure. I would have liked to have disconnected the front sway bar and a few other minor things but I guess thats what will keep me going back.

Previous best I had went was a 12.01 at 113 with 26 inch et streets. Switched to 28 inch hoosiers and as of last night have a new personal best. Ran a 11.65 @ 114 with a 1.69 sixty foot and the car felt very strong. Did this on 21-22 lbs. of boost and zero knock which I'm very pleased with. If I was comfortable tuning, would have loved to turn up boost and fp but for now I'll just let the Turbo Tweak race chip do the work.

That was the only full run I made of the night. First run didn't heat the slicks up well enough and spun out, second run saw some knock and lifted, which I know believe was shift knock and false(scanmaster showed 1.2 deg.). Third and final run of the night was the best one and a full pass with zero knock.

Cool weather+turbo buick= happy camper!!!:cool:

what kinda stall speed are you getting out of the hole?

I am going to post this here because it pertains gn87turbo’s personal best hello 11s. I am sure this has been answered a hundred time before but I want to make sure before I order them. I am presently running 16 inch GTA wheels with new 255/50/16 MT DRs. After reading this post about breaking into the 11s it caught my eye because that is where I want to be. My best time on the 26 inch tires has been a 12.2 @ 116 and that was with a terrible 1.9 60ft time which I have also been working on. ( air bags, brake improvements, now I can easily hold 12 psi on the line when I go next time) So the question is if I take my original 87 GN steel rims and put a 28 inch slick on them it would be by far my best option for the money. Now if so…what size tire would be my best option without modifying the car? Thanks

if 28" and stock rim ...28x9
they are a little short of 28" but should be more grip than youll need and will drop the trap rpm

Thanks for confirming that. If it ever cools off some around here i will get them on the track and join the 11 sec club.