You can type here any text you want

Pic of 87 MC SS Governor....

• Thread starter Thread starter bry593
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

bry593

This CZ gov looks very much like an '87 BR gov. I'm not certain, but the difference may only be the use of two springs rather than one. Perhaps Bruce, Mike or Greg can expand on this?

Included are dimensions for the weight heights. A person might be to take a standard OG gov, grind it down to stated height, install CZ springs and have a close match for a CZ gov. This has the potential to move OG shift points from 3000 rpm to 4500 rpm.

I haven't tried this myself, but it looks good on paper........

Bry593

Added 2/3/02:

I have weighed the primary (large) and secondary (small weights) of the CZ gov using a cheap, pendulum style postal scale. Since the scale is very cheap, I don't expect these measurements to be dead on. However, they are in the ball park.

Primary weight = appx. 14.5 grams or 1/2 oz.
Secondary weight = appx. 32 grams or 1-1/8 oz.

If one uses these weights to grind a standard gov into a BR or CZ gov, I recommend erring on the heavy side. You can easily grind more metal off, putting it back on is a little more involved.

Bry

Picture is attached to this one (I hope)

Click on the attachment to view governor pic and details....

Attachments

• 87mcssgova.jpg
    87mcssgova.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 155
Yep...

Only difference is the speedo gear count. SS is 10, green, and GN is 11 or orange. All else is the same. And the primary weight spring should be removed on both. :)
Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Back