You can type here any text you want

Pic of my new hood mounted fuel gauge.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

Attachments

• New Fuel Gauge.jpg
    New Fuel Gauge.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 566
Looks great! Where did you find the bracket? I like the fact that it mounts on the underside of the hood. Any more pics?

Gotta love that white paint! I swear my next one will be white. Every time I roll to a function I just blend with all the other black ones.

I made the bracket myself out of a piece of 1" wide aluminum stock. It is sofe an maleable so I just messaged it to the bend I needed so that it fit the contour of the underside of the hood an did not touch my paint drilled 2 holes in one side for the gauge and one in the bottom side for the self tapping metal screw I used to screw int he bottom side of the hood. Of course you know the hood has a deeper part about 2" back for the front where you can put a screw an not worry about hitting the top of the hood where the paint is. I kinda was up int he air about the external gauge thing being that you know when you see them on cars your like man thats a race car but I think its kinda cool now an I like seeing the fuel PSI raise. Kinda piece of mind thing. I will post better pics later./ Sorry for the short novel!!

I made the bracket myself out of a piece of 1" wide aluminum stock. It is sofe an maleable so I just messaged it to the bend I needed so that it fit the contour of the underside of the hood an did not touch my paint drilled 2 holes in one side for the gauge and one in the bottom side for the self tapping metal screw I used to screw int he bottom side of the hood. Of course you know the hood has a deeper part about 2" back for the front where you can put a screw an not worry about hitting the top of the hood where the paint is. I kinda was up int he air about the external gauge thing being that you know when you see them on cars your like man thats a race car but I think its kinda cool now an I like seeing the fuel PSI raise. Kinda piece of mind thing. I will post better pics later./ Sorry for the short novel!!

I am very conscious of not making mine look like a race car as well but that looks clean and I like it! Not to mention that is a crucial part of our cars. Low fuel pressure = BOOM!

Nice reply. And you taught me something. Love to learn. Had everything except for mount. Nice job,again thank you......Rob

Back