Pic of Racetronix lines - routing from rear of engine to fuel rail?

wilkinshc

Some Throttle More Bottle
Bought the racetronix fuel line kit and need help if possible.

Anyone have pics of how they ran the fuel lines on the racetronix lines to the stock fuel rail from the rear of the engine to the fuel rail? I have tried routing behind accessories but not happy with how close they come to moving parts on the engine and the bends on the hoses. Have a stock setup and about ready to go back to the stock lines and just change the pump.

Thanks
Chuck

Lay out the kit and post some pics with all the fittings & attachments they provided and someone should have some ideas & suggestions.
I am building my own setup and can always learn from others.......

The kit has been posted on the site several times, I already have most of it on the car so I can't post pics without taking it back off.

I have fuel pump, the wix fuel filter on, and the lines run to the rear of the engine. I think I will call Inline Tube tomorrow to see if I can't just get some SS lines bent in #8 and #6 size. I have seen post after post of others looking for pics of routing on the engine but have not found one picture to date. Maybe there is a reason.

Thanks

I just went out and took these pics , hope they help . The lines are not completely fixed into position as they start to come around the front of the motor but this is the route they will take. Starting at the passenger side going under the downpipe , across the front of the trans and coming up the driver side of the motor . I used 26" bicycle inner tube to protect the line where I thought it might have excessive rubbing and Thermo Tec Express Sleeves (silver covering) when near headers & downpipe . I put the pics in order from back to front . Like I said before the lines coming up the front of the motor are in the path they will take , just not completely fastened down yet . Sam
DSCN0295.JPG DSCN0296.JPG DSCN0297.JPG DSCN0298.JPG DSCN0299.JPG DSCN0300.JPG DSCN0301.JPG DSCN0302.JPG DSCN0303.JPG DSCN0305.JPG

2 more

Last edited:
If you need any better pics of certain areas let me know cause the car is on the lift right now and I can take top or bottom pics. Sam

As this is an opinion based conversion I like running the feed line up drivers side over bellhousing and along pass. side of intake to rail using a 180' at the rail with an fitting in rail. Some are using orig. feed for return and turning filter around for flow. Some are using vent line for return instead. I would stay away from exhaust and front of engine as much as possible. I will try to send some pics when I can.
SS lines can work but a little tougher to work in tight areas, good luck!!

Thanks for the pics. I sure this will help more people than just me. I did contact Inline Tube and they said that can make 1/2 inch with -8 and -6 fitting in the stainless steel tubing. I order them to see what will work best.

I look forward to your pics belsie.

Again thanks for the help.

Since we lost many pictures after the server fire I'm reposting routing pics from my car . These are new pictures I just took and this has been in place for over 4 years with zero issues .
First pic is the split of the feed & return lines just after the tank , then following the feed line to the filter which is close to stock location then following stock feed line .
DSCN0669.JPGDSCN0670.JPGDSCN0671.JPGDSCN0672.JPGDSCN0673.JPG
Any places where the line would possibly rub I covered it with bicycle inner tube for protection
Any places where it may get hot I covered it with Thermo-Tech Express sleeves ( Summit has them) that is the silver covering .

This is the feed line from underneath . In one pic the feed line has a yellow wire draped over it to make it easier to see .
DSCN0681.JPGDSCN0685.JPGDSCN0682.JPG

great write-up with pics - thanks dynoman. We'll be going the same route this winter - can you share how much hose you used for each run (return and feed) so we can order hose accordingly?
Thank you!

Thanks for reposting these pictures. I'm using corona time to try to get my 86 back together and this is the next step.