Picking out Hyd Camshaft

Jeff Strube

I have friend that asked me witch cam he Should go with his car is 3750 with Driver 79 injector TE-67 Turbo 3300 TQ 3 inch downpipe Hooker 2 1/2 Exhaust 3.42 Gears 28x11.50 ET Streets. The up Grades will be a New ShortBlock with some Ported Iron Heads. He looking to run 11.50's 11.00's in Denver,CO.

He has been looking at some ReedCams he likes the 223/223 is this to much or not a Nuff there are some other Cams listed this is stock Computer Car and he runs Turbotweak chips

Buick V6 Hyd. Flat Tappet 78-87 Even Fire Cams by Reed Performance Products, Inc.

I have friend that asked me witch cam he Should go with his car is 3750 with Driver 79 injector TE-67 Turbo 3300 TQ 3 inch downpipe Hooker 2 1/2 Exhaust 3.42 Gears 28x11.50 ET Streets. The up Grades will be a New ShortBlock with some Ported Iron Heads. He looking to run 11.50's 11.00's in Denver,CO.

He has been looking at some ReedCams he likes the 223/223 is this to much or not a Nuff there are some other Cams listed this is stock Computer Car and he runs Turbotweak chips

Buick V6 Hyd. Flat Tappet 78-87 Even Fire Cams by Reed Performance Products, Inc.

Tell your friend to go roller...for peace of mind...

That cam looks to be a little much. I wouldn't go over a 212. To run 11's you don't need a lot of cam just a good combo. :)

That cam looks to be a little much. I wouldn't go over a 212. To run 11's you don't need a lot of cam just a good combo. :)

I agree with Mike on this one. If your buddy can afford a roller it would be the best choice but if he can't, something a little smaller would be better.

With that set up, I would think he should be close to mid to high 11's with a stock cam (considering a good tune, and a decent 60'). Is he planning to run pump gas, race gas? Alky kit? Where is the car going to be driven most?..street, track, or both?

I must agree, if he's doing the build go roller by all means. However, if the roller is absolutely not an option I would not go over 212 for a street driven buick.