Pics:New 84, need help with these hoses and your guys thoughts.

HOTSIX said:
The pic that you have of the vac block (top of the throttle body) with what you thot was a 'tee'd' into vac line is actually the vac line that has to travel from the vac block to 1 of 2 spots - 1) the MAP sensor mounted on the Pass side fender 2) the HVAC (your heater controls) / Cruise - although it looks as though your cruise cable is done....

If you dont have a vac hose map on the fan shroud - let me know - I can take a pic of mine or there shud be here or on gnttype.org.

Well, front what i saw with that vac line, it looks like it went to a longer thing on the pass side, which i think is my hvac, and then over to my cruise. thats it. As to that cable there, is that suppose to go to my cruise? its a speedo cable looks like, when i pulled it out, the end was squared off like it sat into something, and then the end showing is all jagged like its been just or something.

Cruise cable goes from the diaphragm / control on your D/S fenderwell to the TB bracket. It is controlled by vacuum and electronics - theres also a harness that runs into it as well.

Not sure if yours is just disconnected or cut....but it sounds like that the cable you have there. The speedo goes to the tranny.