You can type here any text you want

pics of my Tribute GNX... first time posted since I got it.... LOOK!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowcar

Banned
this is a tribute not a clone.. a clone looks like one but isn't oem to one... my car has 90% oem GNX parts...
I have a GNX jacket... yes original and hat and book for this car...
CLONE MY ASS

there is not one car like mine in the world... nobody could spend the money to duplicate this car... buying a real one would make more sense... but a real one in the condition mine is in ... 1000 mile car would be $75K....

EVERYTHING on this car works flawlessly including antenna and radio...... and it is very quick... much quicker then any stock GNX i have driven... the tranny has the GNX upgrade as well... it goes sideways in second with ease

so $45k less is a steal for a car that looks better and drives better and is better and didn't take 2 days to complete...but 3 years by hand

pics of my GNX... this car is 100% identical with original oem PARTS WORTH close to $17k alone... this is a better car then an original

why?
modern paint...
everything in car has been replaced and put new..no rotting bushings and mounts etc..
you can drive this car.. NO ONE WOULD NO THE DIFFERENCE EVEN IF THEY WERE A GNX EXPERT
THIS CAR IS BADASS in every way

every detail in this car was not overlooked ..including the trunk sticker and asc stickers and under hood details
the vents are functional-- the wheel well flares are OEM... shall i continue???

the few that have seen this car will agree the paint is the best they have seen on any car they have seen
Including a local body shop that works on Bentleys and Lambos only..... I had a Gt Bentley painted there said
"i can't duplicate that paint job under $20k--- too much wet sanding and labor involved"

CAR LOOKS AND DRIVES LIKE A 1000 MILE GNX....

A few GNX owners including myself could not tell in anyway this car is a tribute.... been tested .. and it passed with ease

Attachments

• CIMG2939.jpg
    CIMG2939.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 677
  • CIMG2923.jpg
    CIMG2923.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 673
  • CIMG2922.jpg
    CIMG2922.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 674
  • CIMG2926.jpg
    CIMG2926.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 672
  • CIMG2927.jpg
    CIMG2927.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 675
i got more pics how do i put them up?

HAVE ALL YOU NOTICED MY GLOVE BOX IS THE RIGHT COLOR? IT HAS THE CHROME THROUGHOUT

THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT LOOKS LIKE IT ROLLED right out of THE FACTORY

A certain 2500 mile and 3900 mile car selling on this board looks no way of the condition this car is in...

AND regardless of the status... my GNX is a bargain for $30k a bargain folks....

want a better version or a garage queen for twice the price? its your money folks... i BOUGHT IT .. AND i OWNED A 49 MILE GNX that wasnt as nice as my tribute.....

Yes i was the guy who bought the 49 mile car wrapped in plastic for $47k years ago

Just so I understand this...the car hasn't sold and now the price has gone up to $30K? Is that really the price Mark, or is it $26,500? I love the car and wanted to buy it earlier this year but you never sent me the pictures I was asking for. Good luck selling this, it could very easily be the nicest GN around.

I'm confused as well. Haven't you had that car for awhile and are selling it now? You've been a member since 2003 and the old way of posting pics (hosting on a photoshare site) still works great, but you are acting like you are a brand new member? What is going on!!!

Looks like people would rather buy a GN with performance mods than a nicely done "stock" GNX clone/tribute.

BTW, there are 3 "For Sale" threads now on this car... wouldn't it be better to keep everything on 1 thread?

very nice!
but still not a real GNX!
clean-yes!
good looking-Yes
price- alot cheaper than a real GNX
but still not a real GNX!

He never said it was...which is why the price is cheaper....makes sense to me!

Now if he were trying to claim it IS a real one...different matter...

It's a great car, but there just seems to be something hinky going on......

Tribute car......3 different threads.... 3 different asking prices....... for an extended period of time.

Seller not directly acknowledging builder.......

I can't put a finger on it, but something seems "off"...

I realize this car isn't the average "For Sale" Regal, but......Hmmmmmmm......

Then again, it IS a nice car......this is, of course, only IMHO....:redface:

Better then a real GNX Cruzn.
Period. U r right... Not a real GNX. But. Modern version with every nut- seal and you name it replaced--
No GNX from 1987 was flawless... Crooked body panels. Bad paint ... Issues galore

I have have owned a few GNX's. Have you? This car resembles the best ASC and GM would of done giving the opportunity and money in labor and paint quality....You didn't get 60 plus hour wet sanded paint in 1987 and 300 plus man hours on a 1987 GN build to be handed over to ASC to get parts thrown on the car to get them out as quick as the orders needed to be filled...
There was a ton of quality issues with GN's and the same or more on the GNX because of the tear down at ASC...
My uncle was a GM mechanic turned salesman turned manager of a franchise Buick dealer from 1984-1998
So I was able to hear it all and see many of theses cars before I could even drive legally...

G jockey.... I have had atleast 7-8 offers of low mile GN's for my car...including a stage 2 car with 9800 miles...I think the stock OEM look and appearance is the latter in popularity right now...And a GN with as low as 1900 miles plus $5000 was another offer...But I sold a GN with 20k miles and light mods for this GNX... I sent a check and didn't think twice when the car was offered for sale.... It is twice my MINT original tire GN was by far... Nobody races these cars much anymore. They are collector items... Stock or modded they are still slower then most luxury cars today...

Your answer to why the price went up? i undervalued the car.. Immensely.. I put it up for sale and had people ask a million questions and make a lot of offers... ALOT of people r confused as to this car being just some GN with a nice paint job and some GNX parts installed...It is a far cry from that...this car is on par with any 1000 mile GNX side by side in EVERY detail and looking 10x better with paint that is modern and insanely well done....I don't think it is worth anywhere near $25k... A nice low mile GN is worth that... This is essentially a 1000 mile GNX with OEM parts not junk... My highest offer has been $29k on the car and I get PM's daily on it.... $30k is what will sell the car..... Is it worth it? I don't know. Can you all afford a 1000 mile GNX? This is the closest thing u can have to resemble that $75k GNX ....but owning mine will net u a superior car...drivable anytime and a nice bank account full of left over money .....not to mention paint u can wash and not worry about causing damage on the 25 year old bad paint...
So you got the loot for the $75k GNX? Then go buy it stick it in that garage and look at it... U can drive it around every so often. People will call it a GN anyway or just say nice Monte SS...but the few will know what it is and be heart stopped.. With MY GNX you can drive it all the time...buy a condo with the savings and EVERYBODY will honor it as a GNX if they know what it is... Nobody including at car shows and car clubs and friends alike will know u have a 1000 mile GNX or a 1000 mile tribute... EVEN GNX owners at a car show will know the difference... Or care really... They will admire the condition and offer to buy it...this has happened to me a few times...AND u will have a badass brand newly rebuilt GNX to cruise around with and not look at in the garage hoping it goes up in value... Because driving it won't help it appreciate for the garage queen nuts that want to look at it just like you when u decide to sell it. :)))

I posted this time for pics and a fresh thread.....

JOHN-- yes Kash got credit. A check from me without silly offers and tire kicking... Plain and simple.
He knows what he built and he has moved onto other projects...And I refined this GNX a bit..... Either way you want to buy it?

Lol. No Turbo T

It never fails on this board to have people question each car and price and so on... Nothing OFF dude... Nothing strange. Nothing weird.

I just didn't take some offers on the car.... I priced it too low... I did need to invest the money now I don't...
Sellers remorse? Not interested in BS tire kickers with crazy unappreciative offers and not understanding the cars true value..
When most of them can't afford a 1000 mile GNX but want to buy a better version for the cost of a low mile GN?... Not on my dime...

Again only one car out there like mine... The next step is a 1000 mile GNX. YOU DO THE MATH..:)

You got the guys buying GNX's for upwards of $75k? And a lot of you buying GN's for $20k plus that would kill to be able to afford a GNX like the big dogs... But this car comes along that puts a real one to shame In build quality and appearance and u question the price at less then half what u could buy a inferior real one for? I don't know. Maybe the OFF is with those who arent buying it but dreaming of it ... It was never suppose to go up for sale.... I was going to keep it forever. ... So this is a shot at this car once again... A better then original GNX to purchase at a fraction of an inferior built ASC version

What's "off" is the multiple threads, you acting like you are a new member that doesn't know how to post pics....and the people that are pretending that your car isn't worth it cause it "isn't a real GNX" even though you aren't asking real GNX price....

IMO of course...which honestly means nothing in this sale..I'm just stuck at work all night with nothing to do... :)

Lol. No Turbo T

It never fails on this board to have people question each car and price and so on... Nothing OFF dude... Nothing strange. Nothing weird.

I just didn't take some offers on the car.... I priced it too low... I did need to invest the money now I don't...
Sellers remorse? Not interested in BS tire kickers with crazy unappreciative offers and not understanding the cars true value..

You got the guys buying GNX's for upwards of $75k? And a lot of you buying GN's for $20k plus that would kill to be able to afford a GNX like the big dogs... But this car comes along that puts a real one to shame In build quality and appearance and u question the price at less then half what u could buy a inferior real one for? I don't know. Maybe the OFF is with those who arent buying it but dreaming of it ... It was never suppose to go up for sale.... I was going to keep it forever. ... So this is a shot at this car once again... A better then original GNX to purchase at a fraction of an inferior built ASC version

Listen up, Sport.

I never questioned the car OR the price, you DID read my post, didn't you?

You've come here and offered up this car and then immediately gone on the defense whenever anyone has had the simplest of comments about it.

Secondly, I have a very respectable car of my own, thank you, it looks great and it's FAST. One of a kind, also.

That's good enough for me.

You keep saying the car is "better than the original".

The fact is, it's not.

Otherwise it would command a GNX price, period.

You obviously understand that simple fact.

Lastly, I did nothing more than point to what I saw as a few aspects of your post(s) that may or may not appear to be inconsistant, I also clearly stated it was MY opinion.

I do not feel I disrespected your car or you personally. I only stated that it didn't feel right to ME, and I'm not out to kick the tires, test drive it or any other of the things you are so fearful of, and I certainly have no interest in buying a clone, know what I'm sayin'?

So until we meet, please don't ever feel we are familiar enough for you to call me "dude", OK?.

Thanks, Sport!

LOL.

GLWS.

Have a nice night.

Ok fair. Just don't call me "sport".

I was thinking the term "dude" was fitting since I don't know your name and it is a 80's strong word and we are discussing 80's genre cars :)))

WH1- I mean better then the original as far as quality and build...... 1987 wasn't known for much in relation of paint and labor quality control with GM. Now crank many years down the road and we have a GNX that was recreated with OEM parts and modern day paint techniques and real time labor not machines and half ass labor from the past ---

Cars get better over time. Much better... And this GNX is an example of a 100% hand crafted car that took the right amount of time to build and make perfect... Hence the "better then the original ones built in 1987"

Since this car was disassembled-- and reassembled over a period of a few years and made to be an exact GNX---- a clone would be a car made to look like another exact car.. Yet with the reconstructed disassembly and parts coming from many sources most being new OEM... This would be a tribute or a true GNX in terms of being perfect and what GM would or could of built if they had the outsourced labor and money to put into them... GN's weren't hand built... And a GNX was hand assembled with "bolt on parts"--- so in essence it is a GN with bolt of mods in reality... But all GNX's are GN's 80% by completion-- started as a GN and after parts were bolted on became a optional GNX...... So my GNX has the same GNX package as would of been in 1987 but was hand assembled from start to end not parts added to make it another car.....

Some people have assumed a GNX was built at ASC from scratch... But they were all high options cars pulled off the assembly line and taking to ASC to have parts bolted on... The flares were crooked on some cars... Rears had issues.. A lot of quality was sacrificed at ASC..
My GNX is just a perfect example of a package known as the GNX--

'Nuff said. ;)

And it IS a nice car.......Very nice.

Of course, that's only MY opinion.:biggrin:

"My GNX is just a perfect example of a package known as the GNX--"

My "package" if far less impressive, or so I am told.........:eek:

Again, GLWS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back