You can type here any text you want

Pics of pillar pods and gauges

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

If you have any pictures of pillar mounted gauges or other remote mounted gauges in your interior can you please post them up and what gauges you have. I need to get a real boost gauge and I know I have plenty of options but I want to get something that still looks nice in the car too. I am also considering getting an A/F gauge and an oil temp gauge. Anyone else running more or less?

Screw the A/F and get a Knock gauge.

100_0220s.jpg

100_0221s.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys. I definitely have some ideas. The boost gauge wwith vac as well is a good thing to have i can see. This may sound dumb but is a knock gauge the same as an A/F ratio gauge?

Thanks for the pics guys. I definitely have some ideas. The boost gauge wwith vac as well is a good thing to have i can see. This may sound dumb but is a knock gauge the same as an A/F ratio gauge?

no...A/F gauge reads air fuel ratio from the O2 sensor...Knock gauge displays engine knock at various degrees from the knock sensor. The basic A/F gauge is useless (basicaly a light show) unless it is a wide band A/F then the numbers will mean something.

no...A/F gauge reads air fuel ratio from the O2 sensor...Knock gauge displays engine knock at various degrees from the knock sensor. The basic A/F gauge is useless (basicaly a light show) unless it is a wide band A/F then the numbers will mean something.

To have an A/F gauge you have to have a wideband sensor. Or else where do you expect to tap in??? Correct me if I'm wrong.... Also on a stock car go with the knock gauge. Much more important than A/F until you are tuning the ragged edge.

Jason

To have an A/F gauge you have to have a wideband sensor. Or else where do you expect to tap in??? Correct me if I'm wrong.... Also on a stock car go with the knock gauge. Much more important than A/F until you are tuning the ragged edge.

Jason

The "basic" A/F gauge that everyone sells (cheap one) operates on a 0-1 volt signal off of the standard O2 sensor...very low resolution due to the small voltage variance. A wide band A/F gauge such as a Innovative or AEM needs a wide band O2 sensor which has a 0-5 volt signal that gives you much more resolution thus allowing you to accurately measure air/fuel ratios at any RPM and adjust fuel to achieve the desired A/F ratio at any given RPM to create a smooth even A/F ratio across the entire power band usually somewhere between 11-12. And yes you need to install a bung and a wide band O2 sensor in the exhaust somewhere between the Turbo and Cat...usually in the DP somewhere.

Probably just as important as a knock gauge if the car is not tuned properly...a very lean condition can be catastrophic as can high knock ;)
for examlple...
I recently finished putting my sons car together...92 Eagle Talon AWD TSI .5mm over 6-bolt with lots of mods: fully ported EVO Big 16G Turbo w/max puck, ported EVO O2 housing, ported EVO Exhaust manifold, BIG Slowboy Racing FMIC, FIC 550 injectors, Walbro FP, 2nd Gen Maf, P&P heads, Crowler springs, 1mm oversized S/S valves, HKS Cams, Greddy Type-RS BOV, 2 1/2" DP and exhaust, Apexi SAFC II, Innovative LM-1 wide band, etc. Sarted it up and drove it around some...ran pretty good but needed some tuning...hooked up the LM-1 wide band and found out we were way lean 18-19 A/F. With out the wide band we may have had a melt down to the tune of about $6,000 in new parts and engine work :eek: Car is now Dyno tuned with the Apexi SAFC II and at 18 psi put down 290 AWHP and 260 lb torque A/F is about 11.6-11.8 from 3500-7000 rpm :biggrin:

anyway back to the topic...my choice would be:
3-gauge pod (Boost/Vac, electric FP, and knock)
2-gauge pod (Boost/vac and knock)

-Scott

The "basic" A/F gauge that everyone sells (cheap one) operates on a 0-1 volt signal off of the standard O2 sensor...very low resolution due to the small voltage variance. A wide band A/F gauge such as a Innovative or AEM needs a wide band O2 sensor which has a 0-5 volt signal that gives you much more resolution thus allowing you to accurately measure air/fuel ratios at any RPM and adjust fuel to achieve the desired A/F ratio at any given RPM to create a smooth even A/F ratio across the entire power band usually somewhere between 11-12. And yes you need to install a bung and a wide band O2 sensor in the exhaust somewhere between the Turbo and Cat...usually in the DP somewhere.

Probably just as important as a knock gauge if the car is not tuned properly...a very lean condition can be catastrophic as can high knock ;)
for examlple...
I recently finished putting my sons car together...92 Eagle Talon AWD TSI .5mm over 6-bolt with lots of mods: fully ported EVO Big 16G Turbo w/max puck, ported EVO O2 housing, ported EVO Exhaust manifold, BIG Slowboy Racing FMIC, FIC 550 injectors, Walbro FP, 2nd Gen Maf, P&P heads, Crowler springs, 1mm oversized S/S valves, HKS Cams, Greddy Type-RS BOV, 2 1/2" DP and exhaust, Apexi SAFC II, Innovative LM-1 wide band, etc. Sarted it up and drove it around some...ran pretty good but needed some tuning...hooked up the LM-1 wide band and found out we were way lean 18-19 A/F. With out the wide band we may have had a melt down to the tune of about $6,000 in new parts and engine work :eek: Car is now Dyno tuned with the Apexi SAFC II and at 18 psi put down 290 AWHP and 260 lb torque A/F is about 11.6-11.8 from 3500-7000 rpm :biggrin:

anyway back to the topic...my choice would be:
3-gauge pod (Boost/Vac, electric FP, and knock)
2-gauge pod (Boost/vac and knock)

-Scott

Did not know that...Thats why a scanmaster is great.

Jason

Did not know that...Thats why a scanmaster is great.

Jason

Yeah the scanmaster is hard to beat...without one you basically shooting in the dark. They make one for my sons car too that has a bunch more features then ours...now I'm trying to convince him to get one too.

Yeah they make some that can do EGT's which is awesome. Wish ours did so you don't have to clutter the interior with handheld things.

Jason

Yes and I'm getting one on top of the scanmaster..Don't want to lug a laptop anywhere but the track or tuning.

Jason

Back