PICS--relocated throttle body

I didn't realize he had the V2 intake. It looks like the TM kit with the TB moved (which I guess it is). Funny thing is, even with all that plumbing it doesn't make a bit of difference on spoolup.

I've got pics of mine with a stock style manifold setup too if anyone would like them.

It isn't a V2 intake...It's a stock 87 lower that I made a custom upper plenum for...

Let me see if I have a pic of the upper plenum installed...I'll email the pic to BFH and have him post it here as well...

edit...
Kevin...I sent you another pic...There is 2 emails, because I forgot to attach the pic to the first one!!! :mad:

Nice engineering! Looks like you were able to go directly from a 2 to 2&1/2 adapter hose, is that right. I have the turbomotion intake and had to run a small length of 2 inch pipe before expanding to 2&1/2 for hood clearance reasons. The pipes are now mandrel stainless and has cleaned it up, i'm looking to get a hold of digital camera to show pics.
Dennis

It is all 2 1/2 mandrel bent alum IC tubing...including the custom plenum that I made has a piece of 2 1/2 tube as part of it...

modified intake

Please send me pictures of the modified 87 intake, would the stock 87 plenum work or was it to tall for the turbo pipe to go around?

Well, for one, the pipe doesn't go around...And two, the stock 87 plenum is so big that the turbo won't have room to fit on top of the motor...The plenum I used is one that I custom fabricated so that the turbo would still fit in the stock hotair location...The 87 lower intake isn't modified at all, except for two extra holes drilled into the lifter valley cover plate, it is still as stock as when I bought it new from GM...

Let me just say this...If you are thinking of doing what I have done with an 87 lower intake, STOP, and don't go any farther if you don't want to put a lot of time and money into doing this type of mod...It is not quick and it is not easy...It was an experiment by ME to see if it would work...It takes a lot of fabrication and if you don't have access to a machine shop, where you could do stuff for free or cost next to nothing, then try something else...This ain't cheap and it ain't easy...I'm a machinist, so I had access to a very well equipped machine shop, so if I needed something modified, I did it... I have since come to the conclusion that this setup has NO advantage over the stock 86/7 setup and still has at least two MAJOR disadvantages from the 86/7 setup, those two being the DP setup(The BIGGEST disadvantage) and the turbo is size limited on top of the motor(the turbo actually sits up slightly higher on my setup than on a stock 84/5 setup)...Combine that with the throttle body relocation that I had done, and IT JUST AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE ...As time permits, I will be slowly swapping over to the 86/7 engine configuration completely, but that is still in the future...

BTW, the pics of the setup are in the links at the top of this thread...Those are the only pics out there, except for a few that got sent out to some people 1-2 years ago when I started this project...I no longer have those pics...

what is a turbo motions v2 kit and how much does it run$$. Who's got the best after market intercooler and reasonable price

TurboMotion is no longer in business and the only intakes/setups out there are the only ones that were made...Very limited run of them...

As for intercoolers, there are several different brands of aftermarket IC's out there...You would just have to check with the various Turbo Buick vendors out there as to their pricing...

wow

That looks like a plumbers nightmare! Is there a big differentce in performance? Doesnt the engine compartment heat kinda defeat the purpose of the intercooler, since all the pipes run over the engine? How can I shine up my throttlebody? It looks like a block of grease!

John

84 T-type GN Clone (wannabe)

you got the same master cyl i have...its that "other one" i keep talking about, i might need a new one...i hope its available...