piece out of the trans?

2bad4u

I was installing a new trans in my car (for the third time in its life) and I ran into a problem. I removed the pivot piece where the tv cable attaches to the valve body. When I did this, another piece and a spring fell into my hand. I hope I can describe it enough that someone can tell me where it came from. This trans has a stage rite trans brake in it which I have never had before.
The piece is about two inches long. It is a thin round almost wire-like. It goes one full length of two inches, curves back next to itself for half its length and then turns abruptly 90 degrees away from itself. It had a small spring with it that was also about two inches long. Any ideas what it is and where it goes?

Thanks,
Marley

It's the rod that unseats the TV exhaust check ball in the valve body. It's there in case the TV cable breaks to prevent low line pressure. If the cable breaks, the rod will drop and allow the TV exhaust check ball to drop and seat, blocking the TV exhaust port which will maintain about 90 psi line pressure so you don't burn any clutches.

Borrowed pic from Bow-Tie Overdrives via TVMadeEZ......

spring2_step_1_bg.jpg