pinion snubber

my t is liwered 3" just ordered a pinon snuber ill let u know when i put it on should be thurs. i hope ido not have one now right now

My T is also lowered 2-3 inches and it had a pinion snubber on it when I bought it. It hasn't given me any reason to remove it so I still have it on. I have not taken it to the track yet though.

My GN was NOT lowered, but kept bumping bottom w/ pinion snubber. I whacked it off & no more ricer bounce. I think the after-market pinion snubber (probably 3" or so) is one of the BIGGEST wastes & is counter-productive to good, balanced traction when such is desired.

Just WHACK-IT-OFF!

i have bad wheel hop trying to get rid of it was told to try a pinon snuber 20.00 why not

i have bad wheel hop trying to get rid of it was told to try a pinon snuber 20.00 why not

Do you have air bags? My low budget setup consists of ATR rear bar, one airbag in right rear, pinion snubber, boxed LCA's and MT DR's. I have zero wheel hop. Car hooks well on the street even with an Art Carr 3000 stall. I suggest air bags before a pinion snubber.

cool ill try ari bag i just got a set of mt ets getting snuber going to box in the thr lower c/a see

My GN was NOT lowered, but kept bumping bottom w/ pinion snubber. I whacked it off & no more ricer bounce. I think the after-market pinion snubber (probably 3" or so) is one of the BIGGEST wastes & is counter-productive to good, balanced traction when such is desired.

Just WHACK-IT-OFF!

I agree, for a daily driver. Mine also kept bottoming out especially with people in back seat. I removed it. My 60 foot was 1.67 with it. Haven't been to the track without it. Will have to see what my G-tech says, after I put my drag radials back on.

I don't think a pinion snubber will help one iota regarding root cause of or preventing wheel hop--$0.02--spend $20 twds air bag(s),,,

Why not?

Pinion snubbers were designed for 2 applications.
1. Keep the driveshaft off the body, when your 300# mother in law is in the trunk.:D
2. For leaf spring suspensions, to prevent spring wrap up.
They have ZERO use on a 4 link suspension, such as a TR.
Wheel hop may not be cured w/ air bags. Air bags serve to add spring rate to the pass side of the car. Air bags w/ bad shocks will only add a "basketball effect" to the problem.
Springs support the car.
Shocks tune the suspension action.

Worn out suspension bushings, deflecting suspension arms, broken mounts, improper air pressure, all can cause wheel hop.
A good set of shocks, control arms, sway bar, poly body bushings, and a properly set pinion angle, will do wonders for the suspension's performance .

A visit to HR Parts N' Stuff, will set you up with all the above.

All of Chuck's points are valid!! I was suckered into trying one years ago! Boy, what a mistake that was on this type of suspension. The only thing it managed to do is lengthen my 60' times considerably! As soon as the car launched it would slam down on the pinion snubber (set to the recommended 1-2" clearance) and totally unload the suspension!!:eek: Took it completely off and never even bothered to put the factory stock piece back in.
That little thing that comes factory stock is just to keep the diff. off of the frame when the back seat gets REALLY loaded! ;)