Pink All Out Coming To E-town

Can you show us how to ride a sport bike? :biggrin:

(hope you saw the vid where the pinks dude crashed)

>>> I just checked Youtube and it seems that parody clip of Pinks and the bike crash has been pulled by the guy who originally posted it. It was classic and made me laugh very much.

Never thought about it Maybe ? A car that cant' qualify, is the slower car and gets lane choice, gets to rerun the race after losing, and beats a broken car does have a chance. If such a person were to win they would no doubt be JCC material
As with most of your posts Tony, there are corrections to be made. I didn't get lane choice in Norwalk, I was in the lane they put me in. I stated immediately to Dave when we finished that I thought it was totally cool that he pulled a lane switch on me at the last minute to get inside my head, classic NHRA racing! It was then I realized we were put in the lanes the track wanted us in based on their rules. I know from Salem 2007 you are not much for following rules but rules are what we race by. You are correct, I had the slower car that day but when you tree your competition by 3-thenths and have another 2-tenths by 60-foot a 9.20 car can beat an 8.80 car. Based on you thinking that a 94mm turbo should qualify for an 88mm class your math may not be that good but trust me, 6-tenths by 60 foot will always beat a 5-tenths field. Sort of like first round in Salem 2006 when a 9.90 run beat an 8 second car because they nailed the tree and hooked up having correctly read the track conditions. I’m sure that must have been the longest 8 seconds of your racing career watching Rich’s bumper the whole way…

Never thought about it Maybe ? A car that cant' qualify, is the slower car and gets lane choice, gets to rerun the race after losing, and beats a broken car does have a chance. If such a person were to win they would no doubt be JCC material

Who got to re-run a race after losing? I didn't recall that happening at Quaker BPG, I thought there was a gentleman's agreement (Clocks didn't start) to re-run a race at BG, but who pulled the strings at BG? Avon is not in the JCC I believe(although he would be a shoe-in if he applied) so I'm thinking I'm missing something here. :confused:

I have checked all the long range weather forecasts for that weekend at the end of July but as of now they are not available.

I will keep everyone posted as to the weather as we get closer to the date sine Etown is only 15 minutes from my house and bevy of fine restaurants in downtown Freehold.

Safe travels, good weather and good racing to all coming in for this event.

Yep there were about 6-7 TRs there that I saw and one of Jack's customers car made it to the final 16..........congrats guys.

Here's a link with some pics:

A Cotton's car made it into the final 16 at PINKS - TurboBuicks.com

Congrats to you Rich for making it into the show, it was a blast...

The action was fast and furious down there. We actually had 2 customers there, one was a 9 second capable 109 stock block car that we had just finished building, but had yet to get much track time to tune in. The other was a new customer we had sold parts to that we were tuning in at the shop. So both cars were pretty unknown to us as to where they would run. We had hoped to run the 9 second, (Mike's) car around 10.0 since he didn't have a license or net yet. We did install a cage and had it certified though. The other was a total street car, (Harold Z's) with no cage, had to try and keep it at 11.50. Needless to say, their fiirst qualifying runs were 9.91 and 11.37..... WOOPS... tried to turn them down for the 2nd run but they still went too fast.. :eek!: Mike's 9.90's got him picked for the Sweet 16.. so the sweating began, as it turned out Etown safety tech was not happy with him in the staging lanes as they tech the cars for a 3rd time, this time after the cars were chosen and getting outfitted with cameras and sound equipment.. long story short, Mike ran 1st round against a newer trans am and pretty much pulled away in 1st before having trouble getting into 2nd gear... the trans am came around him and Mike was unable to run him down after banging off the rev limiter for several seconds.. he had a great wheels up launch with plenty left in the tank.. Mikes car has an RPE built 109 motor with ported Champion heads and a new Turbonetics GTK72-BB turbo, on 17-18lbs of boost he ran 9.91@133mph.. Me thinks he has a legitimate chance of running some serios numbers once we finish tuning and work his 60 fts down into the 1.30's... oh ya.. and turn up the boost about 10lbs...

To sum it up we had a fabulous weekend and thouroughly enjoyed the Pinks show.. one more tidbit, we left the track around 10:30 saturday nite and went to Red Lobster for some dinner and relaxation... who do you think walked in 10 minutes behind us.... Rich Christianson.... the Pinks host... it was cool, we spoke for a few minutes and enjoyed the rest of our meal while rehashing the weekend and how fortunate we were to have had the opportunity to particpate... and represent the Buick Community.

A big congrats to Mike and Harold for running so well....

Congrats Jack...

You got that thing flying at 18 psi

Will the 9.90 car be at BPG??

The Question I'd like to ask is "Would you agree you were outperformed by the Shifter??" :biggrin:

Congrats Jack...

You got that thing flying at 18 psi

Will the 9.90 car be at BPG??

The Question I'd like to ask is "Would you agree you were outperformed by the Shifter??" :biggrin:

LOL! I was definelty outperformed by the shifter! Well the cats out of the bag, I was not prepared to run in the 9's. I was having boost issue's. I could not get over 17 pounds of boost no matter how much I was turning the boost up on the electronic boost controller. We finally fixed the problem that friday at the track. That 9.91 was only the 6th clean pass that I had on the car since we had gotten it back from Cotton's. It was just amazing! I can't thank Jack, Brian and Adam enough for all the hard work they put into this build for me. Jack was there with me by my side throughout the entire 2 days. Without his help we could never have done it! The car has a ton of potential left, Jack hasn't even really even touched the XFI much. Actually the last pass we took a pound of boost away and he took 2 degrees of timing out and the car launched harder then it ever did before and even if that "shifter malfunction" didn't happen I think I would have been disqualified for running to fast. It's crazy, it's not like we were even trying to sandbag or anything. We had just gotten the car together, we really had no idea that it was going to run that well! I have to see if we can make it to BPG. We have to small children so traveling is a little hard for us. We are going to try.

I was at the show also, awesome racing all around with a ton of beautiful cars and i took pics of a lot of them, including all the turbo Buicks of course:

Attachments

• PINKS at E-TOWN 020.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 020.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 175
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 029.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 029.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 169
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 030.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 030.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 167
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 031.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 031.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 173
Mike, congrats on your final 16 selection. I took over a dozen pics of your car, some in the pits and the rest on the track, so as long as i have your permission i'll post them here for all to see :smile:

Some pics of other TR's:

Attachments

• PINKS at E-TOWN 035.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 035.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 172
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 063.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 063.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 172
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 069.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 069.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 195
Mike, congrats on your final 16 selection. I took over a dozen pics of your car, some in the pits and the rest on the track, so as long as i have your permission i'll post them here for all to see :smile:

Some pics of other TR's:

Thank you! Please post up those pics! I appreciate it! I just posted up on Jacks site the video of the final 16 pass againt that TA.
Check it out. PINKS update============ - COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM

I definitely thought u had the jump on the Camaro as it happened, and i still think that after watching the video. Tough break, but not a bad day overall for just getting the car out of the shop, huh?
Heres the pics:

Attachments

• PINKS at E-TOWN 109.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 109.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 139
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 110.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 110.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 139
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 111.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 111.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 145
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 112.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 112.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 146
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 114.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 114.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 140
Next five:

Attachments

• PINKS at E-TOWN 117.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 117.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 138
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 151.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 151.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 136
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 158.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 158.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 153
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 159.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 159.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 134
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 160.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 160.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 136
Last four:

Attachments

• PINKS at E-TOWN 166.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 166.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 132
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 167.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 167.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 132
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 168.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 168.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 128
  • PINKS at E-TOWN 169.jpg
    PINKS at E-TOWN 169.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 130
My pleasure posting them up, and all during qualifying i was practicing getting wheels-up pics so by the time your race came up i was getting the hang of it. You gonna be at E-town on the 30th for B-O-P day?

My pleasure posting them up, and all during qualifying i was practicing getting wheels-up pics so by the time your race came up i was getting the hang of it. You gonna be at E-town on the 30th for B-O-P day?

Yes, hopefully both days, we will be in the "Cotton compound." You gotta stop by.

Ok, will do. I plan on being there and running my car also, maybe i'll get lucky and be able to pitt next to you guys :p

Great Pics Tommy..... and you're welcome to pit with us anytime.... :smile: