You can type here any text you want

Pinto Rack Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

n20junkie

Sponser needed
for you guys that have pinto racks, i noticed that on winsett's car that the rack is offset to the drivers side, i plan on running a pinto rack, and it seems that with a stock crossmember ( or at least the outer portions) that you have to offset the rack to make a clean shot threw the member, does this lead to any handleing problems due to offsett pivot points that differ from the axis of the lower control arm, i would think that bumb steer would be an issue, or does limiting the front suspention travel for the track also make the issue minimal due to much less travel, thanks for any help.
Grant

Technically, that would be a big no-no. The car won't just bump steer but the effect would be much more pronounced due to the differing amounts of steer from side to side. Wider racks are available out there.

I have a new Mustang 2 rack I need to trade for a Pinto rack, anyone interested (or buying outright)?

When I mounted mine on the stock frame, I used a late model mustang rach, centered it and used 3 steering knuckles with a teflon support, worked great with no bump steer issues.
Bill

after looking at mustang II dimensions, they are just about perfect for what i am doing, so that is the wise choice, with the correct mounts it will work out great, when i get it in i will post the pictures, thanks for the help.
Grant
Nashty, how much are you asking for the rack?

Back