You can type here any text you want

Pioneer stereos with built in alarms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Wondering if anyone has owned one of these and if they're worth it?

Here's how they work (to my understanding...)

On the back of the radio is a white/yellow wire that hooks to the door switch for I believe the dome lamp. Once opened, as I was once explained to by an authorized Pioneer dealer, you have I believe 10 seconds to either start the car or install the removable face plate.

And if you don't do either of these within the allotted time, the stereo emits a high pitch siren that's supposed to be painful to the ears.

I did a search of the owners manual for the DEH-P77DH radio (which is a din and a half that fits GM and Chrysler vehicles) and it also shows when triggered, this radio also has a built in starter cut out circuit, and a parking light flasher circuit, a power door lock circuit and even an extra wire that allows you to connect shock sensors up to different parts of the car.

Here's some more reading....

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/49575CRD3177A.pdf

very nice features as far as all the anti-theft devices but i looked at the radio and it's 1992 all over again. Wish they would put these features on the new lcd stereos. Or maybe they do.... you should look it up and report back here.:D

I may be wrong but i swear they had detachable face radios back in 92 and if not then it couldn't have been far off.

They still had pull out car stereos in '92. :smile: Detachable face came out around '94....I still fairly remember the commercial by Kenwood for it.

I just remember being in my friend's brothers dodge turismo with a detachable face cassette player with a brotha lynch tape stuck in it.:eek: ah the good ole days

Back