You can type here any text you want

Placing Coil near FAST ECM and wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo_bu

Due to the lack of under hood real estate, I am think about placing my MSD HVC 2 coil inside of the car. It would be near my 7AL box which happens to be near my FAST ECM. Could this be a potential problem for the FAST system (either ECM or wiring harness for the FAST unit) ? I am using Taylor 409 wires which should provide some insulation for the high coil voltage. I am also trying to keep the coil wire about 3" to 4" away from the FAST wiring harness but would like some reassurance that this would be enough. Either that, or should I wrap the coil wire with some type of shielding too????

When I first installed the FAST on my 455, I had coil-in-cap HEI. This created too much interference for the pickup, the ECM thought I was doing 11000 RPM while cranking (MSD had something to do with that I'm sure).

I switched to an external coil and the problem was fixed, since the coil was further from the pickup.

-Bob Cunningham

Back