Please forgive tips newb, but boy do I have questions

Johnnie

Well , my '87 stock GN hardtop will be here by enclosed trailer around supper time tonight, and I'm pretty fired up.
Forgive me for being a "newb" , but I have a heluva lot of questions to ask those that are far more knowledgable than myself. And from what I have read, there is a LOT of knowledge here to be had.
For my questions....
What kind of tranny fluid and filter to use? Fav fuel filter?
Spark plugs.... Fav brand and gap?
Any particular brand of wires?
With 33k miles on it, I am certain the shocks are worn out. What kind preferred as to not make the ride too harsh, yet stable?
It has stock brakes. Future plan is to go vacuum, but for now just replace the pads and shoes if need be. Any fav brands there?
I am going to do the turbo tweak chip, but I don't know what injectors it has now. I am only going on what the owner's son telling me that it is "all stock". I am going to have to verify that for myself. (.. And yes I am planning on a scan master as well).
I have read ad nauseum the debates on synthetic vs conventional oils. I am leaning toward conventional. Stick with the "big names"? Or is there a better choice? Zinc additive to be used too, if the oil doesn't have it in it already. And what weight for driving above 40 deg F?
Next few months, the plan is to install braces. SC&C triangular front frame brace, kirban's GNX rear seat brace ( riveted in -- with aircraft rivets- I have access to those as well as a rivet gun and bucking bars ), and UMI's rear shock tower brace.
Hope I haven't bored y'all. I just want my ride to be as nice as those I admire here.
Johnnie

For a stock car, http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html.

Put a drain plug in the trans pan in the left rear corner on the slanted vertical side to avoid future messes.

As for brakes, two sets of shoes from Autozone and use the long ones on both sides. Do a search on the board for preferred brands. Same for pads.

I am going to do the turbo tweak chip, but I don't know what injectors it has now. I am only going on what the owner's son telling me that it is "all stock". I am going to have to verify that for myself

Pt number on stock injs = 0280150218 They are Bosch pintle type.

On a stock unrestored GN, a set of shocks and 17 inch wheels will make it feel 100x better to drive around. Get a set of 60# flowmatched injectors if you are getting a TT chip. I ran those on my stock GN, don't forget an adj fuel press regulator and gauge to setup with that chip and verify with the scanmaster. Upgrade and hotwire the fuel pump, gut the cat. RJC boost controller, add slicks and go racing. Should run 13.2-13.4 @ 102-103 all day long on pump gas through the stock airbox with those mods. I did. 13.0 @ 104 was the best I could do with those mods at 3710#'s. Throw in a tank of 112-116 race gas, add boost (24) and timing, it'll do a 1.60 60 ft which is good enough for 12's "easily"