You can type here any text you want

Plug Wires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

What wires do you recommend I get for my TTA? Does anybody make any plug and play ones? I called Red Armstrong and they told me one of the wires needs to have a 90 degree boot put on. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I had MSD's. Fit perfect with the THDP. Also Magnecor fit well.

Did you have to modify any of the boots? Which MSDs? The SuperConductors?

I bought the MSD's from John Pearcy of John's Performance. Can't remember off hand which ones they were. He would know.

Didn't have to do anything but put them on :)

Originally posted by Sweet6
What wires do you recommend I get for my TTA? Does anybody make any plug and play ones? I called Red Armstrong and they told me one of the wires needs to have a 90 degree boot put on. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Sweet6,

I have the ATR wires and they come with the two 90° boots for the THDP. The 2 90's go on 2 & 4. If you don't have a 3" dp you don't need the 90's.

Thanks for the info.

I do have a stock DP, so I ordered the MSDs.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry Sweet6, I ment to warn you, only get the 8mm wires, the 10mm wires will not fit in the stock wire clips. I used the Magnacore 10mm for a while, I just got tired of the wires being all over thu place so I went back with a stock size wire to keep under the hood more clean looking and organized.

Are the wires the same length as GN? I just ordered some Taylors prefit wires for a GN and they're suppose to be here within the next week. I hope they fit alright cause I don't want to have to take them back and order new ones.

I was told they are the same as the GN. The only issue from what I understand is if you have a 3" DP on the car. Then you need 1 or 2 90 degree boots.

Originally posted by 89ICBM
Thanks for the info.

Sorry Sweet6, I ment to warn you, only get the 8mm wires, the 10mm wires will not fit in the stock wire clips. I used the Magnacore 10mm for a while, I just got tired of the wires being all over thu place so I went back with a stock size wire to keep under the hood more clean looking and organized.

That is what I ordered. :cool:

GN wires should work fine also. I used to have Red's and Kirban's wires and they fit fine with the stock downpipe.

I ordered the red MSDs yesterday from Ramchargers and got them today. :cool:

hmmmm why does Red sell Buick and TTA one's then :p I know they are LONGER :eek:

That is true. I called Red's place and talked to his wife. She told me she had TTA and GN wires. Then she told me one of the boots needs to be modified.

I do know that one of the wires on my car is stretched pretty good to fit. I bought the car used, the guy must have put GN wires on. :rolleyes: Oh well as long as these work I will be happy.

Cottons carries the 10 MM Magencores with the 135' boots on two of the wires.

TTA plug wires need to be shorter than Buick ones.

HTH

I just got my wires today and they fit pretty good. Like Razor said it looks like some of them might be a little long but not by too much, infact I think I like them a little longer so I can route them different. Do I need to put the heat tubes around my new wire's boots (where it plugs onto the spark plug)?

Since my TTA had the original wires and my GN is sans motor, I tried to install Red's for GN and I could not make them fit. Had to retain one of the TTA wires (#3?) and change the sequence on some of the others. This was on a stock TTA and retaining all clips in original positions.

I could see where a 90* boot might make it possible for the short ones to fit. I probably could have stretched them some to make them all work.

But thanks for reminding me to call Red for TTA specific wires.

Tom

I installed the MSD wires I bought from RamChargers. Only one wire was a little long on the DS. Better than being short. The passenger side fit lit a glove. Overall I am happy with the fit.

I would have got the wires from Red, but the lady on the phone was telling me I needed to modify them to make them fit. Maybe she was reffering to a car with a 3" DP?

After reading here, I believe the lady on the phone was mistaken. And that a fit problem may occur if there was a 3" DP on the car. I was ready to order from Red but after talking to the lady I changed my mind.

Back