You can type here any text you want

Plugs, wires, coil OH MY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighDesert-T

Time to replace these units on this car. What do you guys recommend. Most likely going to stay a stocker for awhile but I am the type of person that likes to do things once.

I'm using Crane Fire wires, MSD coil, & CR43TS gapped at a tight .35, MSD cap & roter.
My coil was giving out and it's a pain to replace so I went with a hotter coil. The wires I got on sale, 3 for the price of 1 :D

On the passenger side, if you cut a access hole in the wheel well it's easier to get to #6

Moroso coil part # 72355 , and Wires you have a choice on Ultra 40 8.65 MM , or 800 ohm 8 MM. (don't know that part # off hand) i will post it later.

Plug's I like Autolite.

i use an accel super coil, borg warner select wires and regular old AC Delco plugs (gapped at .060 factory spec). seems to work just fine for me. might try some aftermarket wires next time though like MSD's 8mm wires.

i dont like hacking on my car and i dont have a problem getting to the plug in cylinder 6 from the top side. but thats just me. my cars isnt turbo'd and that might make a difference.

I had too much trouble getting to #6 by the turbo, trying to pull the wire and then the plug.
I cut a hole then faded it into a cover, 2 srews and it's off.
Sucks tho haveing to pull the tire

Back