PM experts southeast Michigan?

Steve C

Looking for an expert for help here in southeast Michigan. PM is shot. New power master or hydro boost? I'm lost with this issue. Thanks

So you would choose hydroboost? I just want to get this handled the best way. Thanks

Replacing the PM is the easiest - no conversion issues to be considered - if you don't want to deal with the high maintenance of the PM anymore then hydroboost is the way to go

Many like the vacuum conversion but I'm not for it in a turbo charged vehicle
JMO

Hydroboost is a nice change. The only thing I don't like about mine is that the power steering pump will moan softly like it is being over-worked. It isn't very audible but it is there. I know there isn't air in the system because that sound was a bit different and went away after a while. I read somewhere on this site where someone had sourced a better PS pump that eliminated the noise but I can't find the thread.

I will say there are times I wish I had ABS. With no other changes to my braking system, this one clamps like crazy.

Found a PM unit, gonna try it i guess. Thanks for the help. Hoping i can install this myself.

Piece of cake to swap out. You may as well put new brake fluid throughout the system and bleed it correctly. Russell speed bleeders are your friend.
Fronts are PN 639580 – 10mm
Rears are PN 639520 – 8mm

They sure make life easier since you will need to change your fluid more often with a PM. It is such a pain dealing with stock bleeders. Good luck with your replacement.

I live in Flint and have many parts and am very familiar with the Powermaster.