You can type here any text you want

PM gauge pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

michael evans

Wondering if anyone has installed a pressure gauge to if nothing else to ease TR owners minds for the Power Masters braking pressures ?

The factory dash light will come on before the accumulator is fully discharged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard many (not me) have a failure that the light did not come on. Had a panic stop sometimes with destruction.

Worried about having a failure with mine.

Every one I’ve seen and there’s been many the light was on. It’s possible the bulb was burned out. Almost every time it was due to pressure switch malfunction

So I need to add to the list change the "brake" bulb in the dash.

You can test by rapidly pressing the brake pedal with the key on and see if the light comes on.

I, like other with the PM, worry that in a sudden braking emergency that there will not be any brakes while either being on a pass or going down the road.

I, like other with the PM, worry that in a sudden braking emergency that there will not be any brakes while either being on a pass or going down the road.

That's easy to solve. Just remove the PM and replace it with a vacuum kit. After that, you'll have a 0% chance of a powermaster related crash.

That's easy to solve. Just remove the PM and replace it with a vacuum kit. After that, you'll have a 0% chance of a powermaster related crash.

Had thoughts of doing just that.

Have been reading the past threads for the pros and cons for each system wondering if I should make the change.

Vacuum is cheaper, easier to install, and doesn't have the issue of illuminating a weak power steering pump.

Hydroboost is more expensive, harder to install, and will most likely put you on a quest to spend a lot of money trying to find a pump that can stop the car AND steer it.

Back