You can type here any text you want

PM question from GNX 258 thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not when the electrical motor fails..When it fails you HAVE NO BRAKES!!!!!!!!!! :eek: When the motor fails no lights come on...

When my electric motor failed on my car the red brake light came on. It turned out to be the relay on the motor itself. I just replaced the motor with one of Hank Terry's. It works great now. There was plenty of warning at that time and I had at least a few good pedal pushes left before the two legged dance. Lucky I guess.

Your relay failed then not the motor itself...

Basically the motor would not activate when the signal was sent. It would be the same as a failed motor. I my case however, I did get a red brake light. I eventually figured it out by tapping the relay with a screwdriver with the key on. It would start. I agonized for a few weeks trying to figure it out. It isn't always the Accumulator ball or the switch as so often you read on the board.

This really sucks
The more I think about it the more complicated it becomes for me.
I really wanted to go with HB because I hated with a passion my vac.brakes in my GN powered Monte, but loosing the brakes and steering at the same exact time :eek: makes me think and lean towards Vac.brakes :mad: :mad:
Maybe vac.brakes with and electric vac.pump? :confused:
Maybe VB an electric VP plus 11in front disc rear disc and a boat anchor with a big chain. :confused:

on another note I have seen line locs stick :eek:
I have seen that also. A street rod that had it left the line and skidded the the front tire for about 60' before he could stop from the launch. It nearly hit the wall.

This really sucks
I really wanted to go with HB because I hated with a passion my vac.brakes in my GN powered Monte, but loosing the brakes and steering at the same exact time :eek: makes me think and lean towards Vac.brakes :mad: :mad:

I think you're over reacting. If the HB fails you just loose the power assist on the steering and brakes. They wont lock up. Just turn your wheel or step on the brake pedal with the car off than thats how it is when a HB fails. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of the 4 system available for brakes. There usually is some warning when they start to fail.

Back