You can type here any text you want

PM reservoir fluid level

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wv-t

I'm probably the last guy in the USA to get the old black switch and old accumulator bowl changed out. Just did that and flushed fluid, too. Okay, Kirban says that the left side of brake reservoir should be 1/3 full and right side 3/4 full. How do I accomplish this? Do I just take a spoon or something and remove fluid from the reservoir until it looks right? Don't laugh too hard at my silly questions - I mean well.

Just pump the brakes until they are hard [IGNITION OFF].... this means all the fluid is purged from the accumulator .... NOW you can top the fluid off. Once the ignition is turned on you will here the pump motor cycle and it will "consume" the brake fluid...... and magically you will have ~1/3 full fluid.

HTH
aaron

To add to the above...once the accum is depleted by pressing the pedal with key off until its hard ..about 10-15 times typically.

As mentioned the inner and outer reservoirs fluid levels are check in this accum depleted state with car on level ground of course. you will see the lil squares with a corner notched out on teh front sides of the reservoirs for fluid height max IIRC.

Turn the key on no start and the pump will kick on and the inner (towards engine) reservoir will drop. In great working system it will pull down inner reservoir to a 1/4ish of a inch of fluid in 10 seconds and then pump will shut off.

Back